Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency Pay for Delete

tag
tno9999
Established Member

Collection Agency Pay for Delete

I received a letter from a collection agency. I'm in the process of cleaning my report. I've been able to remove some invalid info by disputing with the bureaus. Now, the debts left I'm trying to handle.

I called the collection comany in regards to a PFD.

The agent stated that I was asking for a PFD, and thats not how the conduct business.

He said upon payment, they would request the bureaus remove the information on behalf of the consumer.

Is this his way of saying they will do it but skating around any rules or laws?

Or is he BS'ing me, just trying to get a payment.

Would they be more willing to comply through the mail?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guykara
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection Agency Pay for Delete

I would definitely try your offer by mail.  I asked a similar question recently and I received the response that everything in credit repair is a gamble.  I sent my letter off to the CA last week and have not gotten a response yet.   Regardless of if they agreed to do it on the phone or not, you're going to want the agreement in writing.  So send off that letter, snail mail style!

Remember, they don't need to accept your offer, so make sure your PFD letter acts more as a good will then a business proposition.

Good luck!

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

While it's always good to get something in writing, verbal statements have worked, also. I would google the CA and check out their reputation. I took some chances and haven't been let down.

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 3 of 4
rcolombe
Contributor

@tno9999 wrote:

I received a letter from a collection agency. I'm in the process of cleaning my report. I've been able to remove some invalid info by disputing with the bureaus. Now, the debts left I'm trying to handle.

I called the collection comany in regards to a PFD.

The agent stated that I was asking for a PFD, and thats not how the conduct business.

He said upon payment, they would request the bureaus remove the information on behalf of the consumer.

Is this his way of saying they will do it but skating around any rules or laws?

Or is he BS'ing me, just trying to get a payment.

Would they be more willing to comply through the mail?

Thanks

I had the same sort of response from a CA recently. She basically made me feel like a criminal. She stated "Are you asking to pay extra to get your tradeline deleted?" and reminded me everything was being recorded. It was definitely discouraging. 

I'm going the snail mail, and email route.

Starting Score: EQ-563 TU-515 EX-578 VANTAGE-609 September 2013
Current Score: EQ-639 TU-627 EX-625 VANTAGE 662
Goal Score: 700 All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.