cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency Reporting Failure to pay Every Month!!

tag
lbdelaney

Collection Agency Reporting Failure to pay Every Month!!

I have a Collection company that is now reporting a Failure to pay EACH month this debt I'm sure was paid. Was paid on line as I do most of my bills it was with a old bank that I no longer do business with. Its a old utility bill that is over 3 years old can They report this as a failure to pay each and every month? Its totally driving my score down and down showing so many failure to pays each month... Its a little debt $113.00 They are destroying my credit over such a little debt that I'm sure was paid... What can I do.. They are AH's .. Please advise

PS:

They did just send me copy's of the utility companies records those show that THEY the utility companies wrote off this debt in June of 2010 but the CR is showing this as a new debt that is six months old .. Collection company got this 6 months ago so now it shows as a new debt.

What can I do?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection Agency Reporting Failure to pay Every Month!!

Even though you no longer do business with the bank they still should have your records.  I would contact them and ask how to get a copy of the payment.

Message 2 of 4
lbdelaney

The bank went under shortly after I moved ...

My bigger question is can they report FTP each month as I never had any arrangements with them? I know that other CA's don't do This but This one is ... Its such a small amount that The money isn't The issue its The fact that they are acting like I Have some arrangement with them to pay and are reporting it as such... I Have watched my Score go down each month due to This CA... Have lost 50 points in The last 6 months.. The good thing is that they supplied me with The records that prove The debt started 3 years ago not 6 months ago... If I pay them it will stay on my report for 7 more years with all the FTPs

BTW: Due to a bad divorce I did a BK 13 6 years ago and have 1 more year left for that to fall off with server's CA that are about to fall off as well at the same time most before the BK falls off..  This one is a new one that just showed up... Score 601 was in the upper 650s just a few months ago. Got  a new car always on time and over pay, got a CC a few months ago never late and always way more then the MP.. Only about 20% of limit as I know that's what's best to keep on the CC to build credit... Next year should be way better as allot of stuff will just fall off after the 7 years...

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

To be honest, I haven't seen that.  To the best of my knowledge a CA doesn't have the capability to report a failure to pay.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.