Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Company Posted Hard Inquiry on my Credit report

tag
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Collection Company Posted Hard Inquiry on my Credit report

Hi Gang,

Just got a notification that my score went down.  Only 4 points but still.  I haven't pulled a report yet.  But the notice states that it's from Financial Credit Service.  This is a collections agency.  I have no collections on my report and if there is anything I've been rebuilding for a while and there is nothing less than 7.5 years.  Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Thank you muchly.

A

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection Company Posted Hard Inquiry on my Credit report

You can send them a non-PP letter.

If they are not on your report, and you have nothing in collections, they should not be checking your credit.

Message 2 of 33
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Guiness,

OK,  Non PP Letter to whom?  The collection agency or the CRA?

Tanks,

A

P.S.  I'm kinda curious why they would pull a hard..  Unless it has something to do with another collection agency ARA.  (See my other post)  I'm trying to find out if they are related.  Even so.  I'm not sure they would have PP or not to pull as I have not acknowldged that it's mine to begin with.

Message 3 of 33
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You send the non-PP to the creditor that pulled your report, so it would be the CA.

I am guessing the other CA is not reporting either as you said you have no collections on your CR.

Message 4 of 33
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Correct.  The debt that is alleged was sold and written off in 1998.  Well past the 7.5 years.  And no activity (at least on my part since then).  I have a feeling that this is a debt that I took care of many moons ago and it's just in a pile of uncollectables that the CA's have picked up.  I'm just kinda miffed that it's being detrimental to my reports.

I'm trying to look past the crimson haze and formulate a plan before I call them half cocked.

A

Message 5 of 33
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I will have to do some searching but, I came across a court case where the judge, in no uncertain terms, ruled that if the debt is outside suing SOL and too old to be on your CR, then nobody has PP.

Message 6 of 33
bicknar
Regular Contributor

That would be sooooo Sweeeeet. 

Message 7 of 33
bicknar
Regular Contributor

AHA,

It is the same company.  I did some hunting and found it's a DBA.  So they ARE making a hard inquiry with regards to an account that I have not agreed is mine, That is out of SOL, as well as beyond reporting dates.   Not listed on my report, but I'm getting dinged for answering the phone.  Ratfarts.

OK, I have an e-mail address and a contact name and number.  I'm sure there are templates for Non PP letters.  However I've found lots of complaints and lawsuits with regards to this company as well as class action lawsuits in their home state.  I have a feeling that if I write letters they will be dealt with in an unscrupulous manner.

The plot thickens.

A

Message 8 of 33
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Guiness,

Is this the one you are referring to?  http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra/benner.shtm

I found that searching on a link from a thread that you had posted on prior.

If so, looks like I gots me a leg to stand on.  So I can do the Captain Morgan pose with the other.

A

Message 9 of 33
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Sorry,  I'm on a roll....

Here is text from the document sent to me from ARA.  So sorry about the cross post, I did not realize it was the same topic until now....

Upon receiving your check by phone payment for $2,770.11 by August 17, 2010 and when this payment clears as paid, your account will be settled in full and satisfied. Additionally, ARA Inc. will not report any derogatory information to the credit bureaus.

Could that be considered a threat?  As the account is out of SOL  they can not report any derogatory information to the credit bureaus.  Hmmmmmm.

A

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.