Re: Collection Company Posted Hard Inquiry on my Credit report

@bicknar wrote:

Update Time:

In this order...

Sent C&D to ARA

Received next monthly installment bill

Received Signed receipt on C&D Order

Waiting to see.

Sent Non PP to FCS (The part of the company that did the hard pull)

Just received today letter back, multiple attempts, unable to deliver to the address listed on the CR Hard Pull.

Wish there was a way to dispute the pull with the CRA, so that when they use the address to verify it comes back.  That would be too easy though.  Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

A

Hmmm ...

Ok, after documenting the fact that the entity listed as pulling your credit report (i.e. Puller) has listed a bogus address, I would notify the CRA of this fact.  I would also contact my state's secretary of state to determine what the Puller's legal status is and the address of their registered agent ... non-PP and ITS to follow.  Make sure you specify that their action has caused you harm

I believe you stated earlier that the Puller is really the CA in drag.  I would send the non-PP letter and an ITS to the CA and let them know you have determined that they are, in fact, really the Puller. 

Wait a week after they have received your letter(s) and file against them.  You have non-PP and there may be some goodies in your state legislation that require DBAs not to hide their true identity.  Once they are served, wait about 5 working days for religion to fill their soul. 

Message 31 of 33
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone,

No news so far.  Since my C&D no communication from CA.  Just pulled my TU and there were no inquiries there or any other derogatory info.  Just the qull on EX.  Anywho... O6.  How would you suggest that I contact the CRA about the bogus address?  Online dispute?  Phone Call, E-mail.  I'm just trying to determine the easiest method to take care of the Non PP with the least hastle at this point.   However I still want to keep my options open if the CA want's to be a pain about it.

Thanks again.

A

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bicknar wrote:

Hi Everyone,

No news so far.  Since my C&D no communication from CA.  Just pulled my TU and there were no inquiries there or any other derogatory info.  Just the qull on EX.  Anywho... O6.  How would you suggest that I contact the CRA about the bogus address?  Online dispute?  Phone Call, E-mail.  I'm just trying to determine the easiest method to take care of the Non PP with the least hastle at this point.   However I still want to keep my options open if the CA want's to be a pain about it.

Thanks again.

A

I'm not sure you would get anywhere with an online dispute so I would call them or write them. 

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.