Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Question

Hello everyone,

First I want to thank everyone who posts information on this website as I have learned more that I ever thought I could.

Here are my questions.

I have 2 collection agecy issues:

Number 1. Had one that was for a company that was $170 from 2005 that did not belong to me that they were updating monthly. Sent them a letter that I found posted on this website and sent it certified. They sent me a letter back saying that the balance was zero dollars and they were removing it. How long does it take for them to report it and should I send copies to the credit bureaus that they listed them with?

Number 2. I had a collection medical bill that was an issue with payment from my insurance company. I paid it many years ago from 2003 for $110. The guy agreed to take it off, never happened. So I sent the OC a letter stating that they were violating my HIPPA rights, etc (another letter that I got off this forum, as well as a letter to the credit bureaus that were reporting them). Did I do this correctly and I also made sure to send this certified mail, as well as ccing the HIPPA violations department in my state, the state I had medical attention at, the medical board, and my states attorney general. I am hoping they take it off.

Let me know if I did the right thing. Hope to bring them over 700 soon. Smiley Happy

True credit report as of 8/11/08 is TU: 661, Exp: 676, Eq: 625
Scorewatch equifax FICO score is 646
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Question

1) I would allow them 30-45 days to show the update.

2) On the medical, the pre-HIPAA letter is the first letter. I am not experienced in this area, so I"ll someone else chime in about all the letters you sent. Sounds like you are going to get someone's attention, that is for sure! LOL

Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

sunshinegrlalways wrote:

Number 2. I had a collection medical bill that was an issue with payment from my insurance company. I paid it many years ago from 2003 for $110. The guy agreed to take it off, never happened. So I sent the OC a letter stating that they were violating my HIPPA rights, etc (another letter that I got off this forum, as well as a letter to the credit bureaus that were reporting them). Did I do this correctly and I also made sure to send this certified mail, as well as ccing the HIPPA violations department in my state, the state I had medical attention at, the medical board, and my states attorney general. I am hoping they take it off.

Let me know if I did the right thing. Hope to bring them over 700 soon. Smiley Happy

You said you wrote letters found in this forum. Are you saying you sent letter #1, the pre-HIPAA dispute letter to the CRAs, and sent letter #2 to the OC using insert "B", paid. And, did you send them CMRRR.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes fused I sent both all of the certified with return reciept to all of them. I sent the way you said it. I have been fighting with them for months, so I figured I would sent it out this way. I spoke to a credit attorney who advised me to this. Fingers crossed hope it works. Smiley Happy

thank you both for your feedback
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.