Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Removal - Need some advice

tag
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Collection Removal - Need some advice

I am up against a brick wall with my last collection.  This collection is paid in full, however the CA refuses to remove, since they have an obligation to the FCRA.  I have sent 15 GW's, to various people within the company, many went unanswered.  After one discussion with the CA, they updated the status of my tradeline from PIF to "In collections."  I attemped to contact them about this, but they ignored my requests.  So I got the BBB involved and I just got a letter from the CA pretty much telling me and the BBB to pound sand.  They openly lied in their replies to my complaint (which I was able to prove with documentation), yet told ME that my asking for a GW deletion was unethical and that "people like me" are the reason the housing market creashed in '08.  At the end of their letter they claimed the would no longer be responding to any communication from me, from the BBB or not. 

Have I reached the end of the rope?  Lost cause?  Should I give up?

Thanks!

Feeling Hopeless

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: Collection Removal - Need some advice

If they are now reporting incorrect information to the CRAs (reporting as in collections instead of paid), file a complaint with the CFPB.  If this is the case, they are knowingly reporting false information.  If they ignore the CFPB, which I doubt they will, contact an attorney.

There is no law which states they HAVE to report, only that they must report correctly.  The CFPB won't help you get them to remove, but should be able to help get it reporting correctly.  When you file your complaint, it will ask what you would like the resolution to be.  Here is where you can ask them to remove for reporting incorrectly.  You will also have an option to upload any documentation.  Upload any docs you have, including proof it was paid and a copy of your report where its showing in collections and not paid.

One question, is the report your using from one of the bureaus, or a third party report?  Third pary reports are not always accurate.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 3
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection Removal - Need some advice

Great feedback!  Thank you!  I will keep you posted on the outcome!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.