Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Removal Response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Removal Response

Hi!

I have tried to get a collection account from Capital Accounts removed for over a year now with no luck. I asked for formal validation and never received a response. I tried a different approach by filing a complaint with the BBB. They responded, but I'm not sure what to do next. Are they agreeing to PFD? Are they saying they will remove it now, but once they send the validation I need call to discuss payment options. I don't mind paying the entire balance, I just don't know what this is or if it's mine, and I want it off of my report so I can buy a house. Please see their response below and advise. Thanks!

Dear ********,

Thank you for contacting Capital Accounts, LLC via the Better Business Bureau in an effort to resolve this issue. As a matter of courtesy and in an effort to assist you in understanding your debt, we will request an itemization of your account from your original creditor. Once received, we will forward that to you at the address you provided on your correspondence here. Please allow up to 35 days for receipt of the information. Once you have had an opportunity to review, please feel free to contact our office directly to discuss payment options. Additionally, as a matter of courtesy, we will submit a request to all three credit bureaus (*****,*****,****) to have this account deleted from your credit report. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Sincerely,

Capital Accounts, LLC

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection Removal Response

It kind of sounds like it is. Has there been any mention of that company on this site doing that? 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not seen anything on this site about that company. I found out about it by doing a google search on them and when I looked at resolves complaints I noticed they were telling people they would remove it as a courtesy so I decided to put in a complaint.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I should call them to discuss further?

Message 4 of 7
HumbleBillW

Capital accounts did allow me to pfd.

In 2019 I followed the guides here on MyFico. (thank you for these boards) 

Wrote a nice letter to them. No response from CA.  Contacted them via phone or chat do not remember, nicely asked if we could get closure as I wanted to make payment in full for financial ammends.  They commited to removal of baddie upon receipt of payment.  Ah, contact was a  phone call as I remember paying on the phone, so yeah they took off my 5 year old vet bill of aprx. 500.00.

Negligable change in my scores but the debt was mine and I am extremely grateful for the removal.

In all they were much nicer than I had expected. 

Truely hope your experience will go as smoothly.

edited to remove incorrect info. /thank you gdale6 (was my first post lol will drink more coffee Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

I have found the PFD CAs seem to be much nicer than the others. Maybe it is just that we are relieved to get some help in return and are nicer ourselves? Anyway to OP good luck with the PFD!!!

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If its not yours OP then you would just use the laws afforded you in the FCRA to have it excluded, if it is yours then you can proceed to pay it off especially if they are going to remove it for you.

A PFD is not illegal, the only law that guides them is if they report they must report accurate information but there is no law requiring them to report its up to them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.