Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Removed..

tag
frio
Frequent Contributor

Collection Removed..

Good Morning,

I had my first PRA collection removed after settlement, however I noticed that with the removal there was no score improvement at all.  The collection was popped up last year so it is fairly new.  Is that common, I was hoping for a large jump in points so I am kind of dissapointed?

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Removed..

@frio wrote:

Good Morning,

I had my first PRA collection removed after settlement, however I noticed that with the removal there was no score improvement at all.  The collection was popped up last year so it is fairly new.  Is that common, I was hoping for a large jump in points so I am kind of dissapointed?

More info is needed. 

What are the current scores?

What are the 2-3 reasons cited for affecting your scores negatively?

Any other negatives? Any high balances on revolving credit cards?

Message 2 of 12
frio
Frequent Contributor

Score :629 647-647

Reasons cited:  Heavy use of available credit ( which I assume are because of the 2 charge off's I still owe.  Currently utilizing 3% of my current credit cards, all on time this year so far)
1 Collection ( see below)
One or more accounts showing missed payments ( see below) 

Negatives:

1 collection : $1,012

Chsae Charge off : $4,786
Navient 2 120 day lates 

First Premier 2 charge off's: $1,300

Navy Fed Charge off: Settled

Discover Charge off: Settled

Message 3 of 12
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@frio wrote:

Reasons cited:  Heavy use of available credit ( which I assume are because of the 2 charge off's I still owe.  Currently utilizing 3% of my current credit cards, all on time this year so far)

Negatives:

Navient 2 120 day lates 

Ok so you have 2 120+ lates on your reports, which is why you didn't get such a big jump when that collection came off. I had my last collection fall off my EQ report last month, but I still had my 2 student loan accounts showing 120+ lates. It actually showed it for the loan, and for the collections, so it was reported 4 times. I didn't see a score boost until those lates fell off on the 1st of this month.

Also, you don't normally see a jump until the LAST collection comes off your reports.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 4 of 12
frio
Frequent Contributor

ugh...those 2 lates are from 2015 so they wont fall off for a long time.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frio wrote:

Negatives:

Navient 2 120 day lates 

yeah, you won't see a huge jump just from removing one negative. Any one of those by itself will tank your score. The first negative kills you. The others are just minor additional hits on your scores. When you are removing them, the same happens. There is no massive jump in the scores until the final negative is removed.

Message 6 of 12
frio
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the advice!!  I have been on the letter campaign for since May 2018.  Nothing has been removed yet only update accounts and my score even dropped about 40 points at that time.  I will continue to fight the fight.

@Anonymous wrote:

@frio wrote:

Negatives:

Navient 2 120 day lates 

yeah, you won't see a huge jump just from removing one negative. Any one of those by itself will tank your score. The first negative kills you. The others are just minor additional hits on your scores. When you are removing them, the same happens. There is no massive jump in the scores until the final negative is removed.

Message 7 of 12
MikeGolf
Established Member

I had a collection removed which was a PFD today and I as well seen no change. I did notice that I know prequalified for a Cap 1 CS, so ill take that as my credit is improving. Small victories!

Message 8 of 12
frio
Frequent Contributor

I just settled my other collection with PRA....hopefully this last collection gives me a jump since its the last collection.

Message 9 of 12
SarahJo
Established Contributor

I'm so sorry, I know the anticipation of a negative being deleted, waiting for those updated scores...and then, AND THEN!?  Absolutely nothing happens :-(

My TU report is now squeaky clean, jumped a bunch, and back down down down.  I attribute this to those last 2 accounts being EE dropping my AAoA...hopping from one bucket to another bucket that only time will fix.  Keep being diligent and good luck!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.