Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection account disappeared!!!

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Collection account disappeared!!!

I have a collection account from NCA for my HSBC account that was charged off 4 years ago disappeared today from my EX.... i haven't checked the other 2 bureaus but I was wondering what happened..... since it's gone right now, is it possible for this to reappear again??? if it does, is this gonna show as most recent collection??

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection account disappeared!!!

@kobe2012 wrote:

I have a collection account from NCA for my HSBC account that was charged off 4 years ago disappeared today from my EX.... i haven't checked the other 2 bureaus but I was wondering what happened..... since it's gone right now, is it possible for this to reappear again??? if it does, is this gonna show as most recent collection??

If it was charged off 4 years ago then it still belongs on your credit. This brings me to only one answer. NCA sold the account as it was probably old with them and they knew that they won't get any money from you so they packaged it and sold it to another Junk Debt Buyer. I would expect a dunning notice or a phone call from the new collection agency within 30 days or so. Good news is you can DV them as soon as you hear from them or get a dunning notice and then based on their response you have some options to keep this from appearing on your credit again.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 2 of 3
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: Collection account disappeared!!!

@MarcinXP wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

If it was charged off 4 years ago then it still belongs on your credit. This brings me to only one answer. NCA sold the account as it was probably old with them and they knew that they won't get any money from you so they packaged it and sold it to another Junk Debt Buyer. I would expect a dunning notice or a phone call from the new collection agency within 30 days or so. Good news is you can DV them as soon as you hear from them or get a dunning notice and then based on their response you have some options to keep this from appearing on your credit again.

oh, that would suck if a new collection shows up...... but I will try to communicate with them before it ever shows up on my reports again.... thanks

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.