cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection added after confirming my name on a phone call and hanging up.

tag
abelbarraza3
Valued Member

Collection added after confirming my name on a phone call and hanging up.

Hello,

I have been rebuilding my credit and have done a bunch of pay to deletes to clean my collection records. Arizona State University was not reporting a 6k collection in the last 4 years until one of their collection agencys called me two weeks ago and asked to speak to me. Once I confirmed it was me speaking they stated they were a collection agency trying to collect a debt from Arizona State. I said I do not have time to speak with you and hung up. After that call the collection is now reporting after I got rid of all the others. I do not want to pay them personally I feel they burned me. I rather let it sit and wait however long years for it to come off. Is there a quicker way to remove this? The Collection Agency is WILLIAMS & FUDGE INC. Should the collection have been added after that phone call? The date open is also this month. Does that restart the timer?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Collection added after confirming my name on a phone call and hanging up.

@abelbarraza3 wrote:

Hello,

I have been rebuilding my credit and have done a bunch of pay to deletes to clean my collection records. Arizona State University was not reporting a 6k collection in the last 4 years until one of their collection agencys called me two weeks ago and asked to speak to me. Once I confirmed it was me speaking they stated they were a collection agency trying to collect a debt from Arizona State. I said I do not have time to speak with you and hung up. After that call the collection is now reporting after I got rid of all the others. I do not want to pay them personally I feel they burned me. I rather let it sit and wait however long years for it to come off. Is there a quicker way to remove this? The Collection Agency is WILLIAMS & FUDGE INC. Should the collection have been added after that phone call? The date open is also this month. Does that restart the timer?

The quicker way to have it removed would be to arrange a PFD with them. But if you refuse to pay there is nothing that can be done 

Collection can be added anytime before the reporting exclusion date. They can continue to attempt to collect even after the exclusion date.

Date open on a collection means nothing, reporting exclusion is based on DOFD 

No it didn't restart anything 

Message 2 of 5
chijo
Established Member

First thing I do is to check to see if a collection agency is even registered in my state when they pop up like that. You'd be surprised how many aren't. Almost worth it to take a trip to court with them if they serve you and see how they act before a judge if they aren't valid. I've had a couple of that kind pop up before  and they weren't even hired by the original creditor. The usual regulators can also handle them if they are operating bogus style. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@abelbarraza3 wrote:

Hello,

I had a debt from a University through Williams & Fudge and the did sue me for the balance, but apparently it went no where because I cannot find any info regarding a judgment on the public records sites or when calling about it to my local courthouses. It was large, but under $10k. It is no longer on my credit reports since it aged off, but just a heads up, if it is inside the SOL, they may sue.

Message 4 of 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

They sued my sister.  Since we stopped speaking, I don't really know where it ended.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.