Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection advice - Convergent Outsourcing

tag
iowe
Regular Contributor

Collection advice - Convergent Outsourcing

I just had a collection post to my TU and EX credit reports three weeks ago. For some reason it never posted to EQ.

Anyway, they posted this $108 collection claiming it's from an old internet service bill from 2012. The debt was previously on my credit report as a collection from some other collection agency. Convergent Outsourcing is a new one. (Probably a junk debt buyer that bought it from the old CA)

Has anyone had success with Convergent on a PFD? I'm debatin trying a PFD or just disputing it. The debt simply appeared on my credit reports. The jerks had access to my credit file and could've at least sent me a letter so that I could attempt to resolve the debt with them before they damaged my credit files with their collection. I never got a letter or a phone call. Just an alert of a collection on my report from myfico.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection advice - Convergent Outsourcing

@iowe.

If you know that the account is yours, then I would contact them and request a PFD and if they won't do it, pay it so that it won't update monthly.  Stop the bleeding now and in time, this won't impact your scores as much.  I never had to work with them, but do you really want them pulling every legal trick available that will only hurt your score more? 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.