Credit Mentor

Re: Collection agencies that do PFD

Thank you

I've been meaning to edit changes, but I kept forgetting 🤷‍♀️

Message 51 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they only delete because you asked or do you think they would delete automatically after payment?

Message 52 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

These arent huge collection agencies, but maybe add them to the list as I have verified 100% they do PFDs and even give you a letter? So far I've done:

MARS Inc

Afflilated Management Services

Caine Weiner

This place says they absolutely WILL NOT report "inaccurate" info, etc, etc: Delivery Financial Services

Thank you!

Was looking for more info on Caine Weiner! Was it only for PIF or also settlements/payment plans? Just curious, thx!

Message 53 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PIF with this one as with lower balances of 200-300 and such, there isn't much wiggle room anyway. You might try to negotiate with the manager or something because a lot of other places are doing PFD even on settled accounts.

Message 54 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

No worries, it is only $97, so I have no issue with PIF, I just figured if you had the DP it could help others that owe lots more $$$.

Thanks!

Message 55 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to give an update regarding LVNV Funding (Credit One). When I arranged a payment arrangement with them I didn't know anything about the PFD I just wanted to settle it. So there's no PFD agreement. I paid 80% of what I originally owe and last month was my last payment. With my credit report this month it's deleted on my EX & EQ report. I'm still waiting for it to update on my Transunion. 

Just another proof that LVNV Funding do delete their tradeline when you PIF or Settle. 

Message 56 of 170
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just want to give an update regarding LVNV Funding (Credit One). When I arranged a payment arrangement with them I didn't know anything about the PFD I just wanted to settle it. So there's no PFD agreement. I paid 80% of what I originally owe and last month was my last payment. With my credit report this month it's deleted on my EX & EQ report. I'm still waiting for it to update on my Transunion. 

Just another proof that LVNV Funding do delete their tradeline when you PIF or Settle. 

Congratulations on your success!

Message 57 of 170
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! They just changed their policy a few months ago. Guess they saw it was profitable. They used to be a no way Jose we aint deleting nada. Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAYPOINT RESOURCE GROUP deleted for me first round of certified mail from all 3 CRA

Message 59 of 170
kflo01
Contributor

List of Collection Agencies That Delete on Payment

Not sure if this can be found elsewhere but let's start a list of collection agencies....and orginal creditors also that will delete on payment without needing to negotiate a PFD beforehand. I'll start.

Midland Funding

Portfolio Recovery Associates 

Resurgent Capital Services

Let's keep them coming this could become a sticky. 

Message 60 of 170
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.