Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agencies that do PFD

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: List of Collection Agencies That Delete on Payment

Mod @Remedios already has one. Search bar above is useful. I agree a sticky above. Whatdoyathink Remy?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Collection-agencies-that-do-PFD/td-p/5675391 

Message 61 of 170
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It's fine if we bump it when we need it.

Message 62 of 170
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Helping a poster and found another that PFD's.

Plaza Collections will delete:

"We delete all trade lines for accounts that satisfy the balance after 2-years from the date of delinquency as reported on your trade line. An account is considered satisfied if the account is paid-in-full or settled for a lesser amount."

You can make payments online and use a CC. https://plazaservicesllc.com/payments/ 

Message 63 of 170
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Updated. Thank you

Message 64 of 170
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Collection agencies that do PFD

This is a great thread! Thanks @Remedios 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 65 of 170
Mdg1307
New Contributor

We can add Deville asset management to the PFD list. 

today I called them and negotiated a 12k, 3.5/4 year old collection to settle for 5k, and delete within 48 hours. 

Very easy to work with CSR, I asked what settlement offers they had if I paid a lump sum today and to send me an email letter that they will delete upon payment. She asked a manager, said yes 5k,  I had the email within 15mins, paid over the phone. 

Message 66 of 170
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Mdg1307 wrote:

We can add Deville asset management to the PFD list. 

today I called them and negotiated a 12k, 3.5/4 year old collection to settle for 5k, and delete within 48 hours. 

Very easy to work with CSR, I asked what settlement offers they had if I paid a lump sum today and to send me an email letter that they will delete upon payment. She asked a manager, said yes 5k,  I had the email within 15mins, paid over the phone. 

Congrats. that is very quick.

Message 67 of 170
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for doing this!

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 68 of 170
Remedios
Credit Mentor

List is updated..

Thank you all for your contributions 

Message 69 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Please feel free to add your own experience with collection agencies and I'll try to keep the list current. 

One big caveat to this list are medical collections. There are other possible ways of dealing with those, so if your CA is not on the "will delete" list, it's still possible to get them removed. 

Will delete 

LVNV - Changed policy, deletes now. YAY

Portfolio Associates - will delete per statement on their website. Installment payments and settlements get deleted, too

Midland Collections - will delete 2 years after DOFD per statement on their website. Installment payments and settlements get deleted, too

Add Astra - will delete 2 years after DOFD per statement on their website Installment payments and settlements get deleted, too

Williams & Fudge - will delete and will provide letter stating so. 

Cavalry Portfolio Services - will delete per statement on their website. Installment payments and settlements get deleted, too

CF Medical LLC - will delete and will provide letter stating so. Must be paid by certain date, okay to settle for less. 

AFNI - will delete, irrespective of the age of the delinquency

Phoenix Financial LLC - will delete and send email/letter stating so. 

Common Wealth Financial -will delete and provide  email stating so 

Aargon Agency  - will delete, provides letter to submit to CRA, but skip this step so it's not treated as dispute. Deletes in couple weeks

Optimum Outcomes - will delete and will provide email confirming deletion upon payment 

First Credit Services - will delete. If you ask CSR about it, they may not even know what you're talking about, but collection gets removed from CR. 

MARS, Inc - Will delete 

Affiliated Management Services - Will delete

Caine Weiner - Will delete 

Fidelity Collections- Will delete, will not provide anything stating that. Updates at the end of the month 

Plaza Collections - will delete accounts older than two years

Deville asset management - will PDF, possible to ask for email confirmation, settlements get deleted, too.

Might delete 

Source Receivables - If paid in full. Might require some leg work. 

EOS CCA - Will delete with some work

Enhanced Recovery - Really mixed bag. Most deletion occurred when debt paid to OC and asked to be recalled beforehand. 

Diversified Consultants - they dont delete, but if collecting for Sprint or ATT, contact  OC and ask for collection to be recalled. 

Convergent - they dont delete, but possible to pay OC and get it recalled. Contact OC first

Most likely will not delete 

National Credit

Allied Business Services

Waypoint Resource Group

Penn Credit

Delivery Financial services 

Diversified Consultants looks like they are going out of business. They came off all 3 CRs, I got in touch with Sprint to see if my account had been forwarded to another CA, they said no, I paid, and now free of this CA reporting on my CRs. Others may find now is a great time to deal with the OC.

Message 70 of 170
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.