Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agencies that do PFD

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Collection agencies that do PFD

@Anonymous wrote:

Diversified Consultants looks like they are going out of business. They came off all 3 CRs, I got in touch with Sprint to see if my account had been forwarded to another CA, they said no, I paid, and now free of this CA reporting on my CRs. Others may find now is a great time to deal with the OC.

Thanks for the information. It is good to know.

Message 71 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know - Does Fidelity automatically delete? Or do you have to request, even though they won't provide anything in writing?

Message 72 of 170
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know - Does Fidelity automatically delete? Or do you have to request, even though they won't provide anything in writing?

To be safe, I would request it and ask when it would be deleted.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 73 of 170
dacv01
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your post- gave me the motivation to call Caine & Weiner to PFD a 108 Collection. Also wanted to add my 2c- Credit Collection Services which I just paid in full will be deleting as well Smiley Happy

> 5 Inquiries, AAoC 4 years, AoOA 7 years, 11 months as of September 2021
Message 74 of 170
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Thanks. Post has been updated 

One of these days I'll remember to make it all pretty when using laptop.

Editing posts on the phone is pain, and I'm grateful I didnt nuke whole thing accidentally every time 

Message 75 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it says here Penn will most likely not delete but, dw has an old electric bill due to fall off early 2021, from the looks of bbb website they actually seem like nice people, and admit right there they deleted some for people, any strategy to take care of this?

Message 76 of 170
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Choice Recovery will do PFD. They deleted a med collection of mine recently and it updated today with CRA's. This is the second they've deleted for me. 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 77 of 170
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Does any one know if Security Credit Services will do a PFD ?

Message 78 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jefferson Capital Systems - recently completed PFD with them, definitely UNDER 2 years from DOFD.

Also, TU and EQ were deleted less than 30 days after payment, but EX took two months, a stern phone call, and a dispute (they were reporting a full, past due balance two months after I paid, and was deleted one day after dispute opened.) Just beware, you may have to chase them, but it can be done!

Message 79 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know AD Astra is on the list already, just wanted to update that they were willing to PFD via settlement.

The CA was well outside 2 years past dues - 1886 days, to be exact lol

CA balance was $894

Original principle "loan" via Speedy Cash was $500

They offered $581 to settle/pfd

I countered with $450 (about 50% of balance owed)

They accepted that for pfd because they said they saw I made 2 "large" payments when I originally had the account. I am guessing I could have shot for less than $450, but it is done and dealt with.

This process took less than 5 minutes and the CSR even started with "I assume you want this off your CRs quickly and don't want to do a payment plan". That is correct...

They said it should be iff my CRs within the next 30 days.

I hope this helps someone!

Message 80 of 170
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.