Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Collection agencies that do PFD

Updated

Message 92 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to provide an update on Source Receivables. They accepted my pfd for 60% of original balance & sent me a letter confirming they would delete after payment was made. Stuck to their word & its been off my reports for a while now. 

Message 93 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YALL SO MUCH FOR THIS INFORMATION,  DID ANYONE EVER FOUND OUT ANYTHING ABOUT NATIONWIDE RECOVERY SYSTEMS???

Message 94 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Common Wealth financial , midwest recovery Systems????

Message 95 of 170
humanjukebox
Valued Member

Add Midwest Recovery Systems

Midwest Recovery Systems, LLC.                                                                   Hours of Operation:
P.O. Box 899                                                                             Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Florissant, MO 63032                                                                                     Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Toll-Free#: 844-458-4807

MRS Reference#: 

Current Creditor:
Original Creditor: 
Account#: 
Account Balance: $0.00

05/29/2020

Dear 

Company A has placed your account with our office for the collection of your delinquent debt. Per our
previous discussion(s) with you regarding this, we were able to come to a resolution and reached a
settlement agreement. This letter is to inform you that this account is now settled in full, and my name is no
longer obligated for any further payment(s) to  the above mentioned debt. If your account is currently being
reported to the credit reporting agencies, a credit bureau deletion record will be submitted to the credit
reporting agencies on the next submission batch. Our office has no control over whether the credit
reporting agencies will honor this request. Additionally, in the event of a returned payment of any type, this
letter shall become null and void, and further collection activities will continue.

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact us at 844-458-4807. You can also visit us on the web at their website

Eq FICO - 556 - 6/20
Transunion FICO - 603 - 6/20
Experian FICO - 586 - 6/20
Message 96 of 170
humanjukebox
Valued Member

Deville Asset Management will PDF

Deville File Number: 
Original Creditor: 
Original Account Number: 
Current Amount Due: $0.00
Dear Customer,
DeVille Asset Management, LTD hereby releases you from any further obligation concerning the above
mentioned account. A deletion request has been submitted to the credit-reporting agencies.
Your AUD control number for the credit deletion is as follows : 
Please disregard any other notifications that may have crossed in the mail regarding this account.
If further assistance is required, contact our office.

Eq FICO - 556 - 6/20
Transunion FICO - 603 - 6/20
Experian FICO - 586 - 6/20
Message 97 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trident Asset Management may or may not delete. 

My experience: I called in and asked if I could do a PFD and the first rep said no (rudely) but said I can settle and they would update with said information. Called a week letter and spoke to someone else. She said I could settle and it would be submitted for deletion with all 3B if I paid by 7/6/20. I paid (settled) that same day 6/30/20. Today it's off of Experian so far the others i'm not sure of because I have to wait another week to get my report. 

Collection Bureau of America

Called in and rep said he could send them for deletion whether I settled or PIF. I Settled and the tradeline is off of my credit report. This happened in literally a week. 

Maybe 'Rona has these companies a little bit more flexible. 

Message 98 of 170
Remedios
Credit Mentor

First post is now updated. 

Message 99 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just some food for thought to bounce off everyone for pros/cons to this concept, let me know what you think both good and bad.  I am helping my sister with her credit reports.  I got to thinking about those collection agencies that say they can't do it...per policies/procedures etc.  Well, I have not put this to the test yet but here is what I was thinking (punch holes in it):

-Request Supervisor at CA-collection agency

-say something like "I understand per CFPB/Credit Bureau policy etc that you cannot offer me a PFD in current situation....however, if you removed the baddy for something like a ummm "administrative purposes" for 10 days which allows me to pay(PFD), you can at this point "legally" give me a letter stating you will remove it with payment legally; and you, Collection agency not doing anything against the rules, I get PFD letter and pay, you keep it off.  IF, NO PAYMENT in the 10 days, you can put it back on my credit report."

Call it a loop hole---there are legal loop holes we all know about that allows the "window" of opportunity for other procedures to intervene conveniently.

I have witness where a collection has been removed, only to be added back month 2 later, so this can be done.  Matter of splitting hairs legally with policy/laws.  Heck, this supervisor can make a name for him/her self with this legal loophole (if it is legal) and collect more settlements for the collection agency!!!

Worse they can say is no.

I always see there is more than one way to milk the cow, get out of box etc.....just some outside of box thinking Smiley Happy

Thoughts????

Message 100 of 170
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.