Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agencies that do PFD

tag
renamariee
Contributor

Re: Collection agencies that do PFD

Does IC Systems delete with settlements as well?
Also, when having OC recall a debt to pay (Emhanced Recovery, Convergent) do they recall and delete with settlements as well or only full balance?

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 121 of 170
sjt
Senior Contributor

@renamariee wrote:

Does IC Systems delete with settlements as well?
Also, when having OC recall a debt to pay (Emhanced Recovery, Convergent) do they recall and delete with settlements as well or only full balance?

IC Systems is on the list of collection agencies that will do a PDF.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 122 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios 

I can confirm that receivable collection services, llc in Floral Park NY will not do a PFD under any circumstances whether it's PIF or Settlement

Message 123 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any word on TSI collections in reference to PFD?

Message 124 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and I want to start rebuilding my credit. 

I have a question, if you successfully negotiate a Pay for Delete with  Collection Agency, will the original debt which is also being reported as a Charge-Off ccan be deleted too, or just the collection account? 

Thanks for any feedback!

Message 125 of 170
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and I want to start rebuilding my credit. 

I have a question, if you successfully negotiate a Pay for Delete with  Collection Agency, will the original debt which is also being reported as a Charge-Off ccan be deleted too, or just the collection account? 

Thanks for any feedback!

The OC would remain and the PFD would only apply to the CA that is reporting. OCs really dont do PFDs.

Message 126 of 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I see, so in your all's experience, is it still worth to do a PFD even though the orignal account will remain as a negative item?

Message 127 of 170
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK I see, so in your all's experience, is it still worth to do a PFD even though the orignal account will remain as a negative item?

Yes because if you let the CA sit there, your scores are being affected by the double whammy of BOTH the CO and the CA. At least this way if you PFD the CA, you'd only have the CO which would be closed and age over time, allowing your scores to recover.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 128 of 170
renamariee
Contributor

Do you know if that's only for PIF or if they accept settlements as well?

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 129 of 170
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you really do not want that double whammy.

Pay it if you can because if it gets sold to another CA that won't do PFD, you're right back where you started 

Message 130 of 170
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.