cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency (National Business Factor) offered PAy for Delete over phone

Collection agency (National Business Factor) offered PAy for Delete over phone

I have been in the process of trying to settle a set of old hospital bills for an injury which were financed and eventually sold off to NBF. I recently spoke to an agent from the agency and they mentioned and offered to do a PFD if I were to pay the account in full. Only stipulation is that I paid first via cashiers check and then they would remove my collection from the credit report. To me this sounds like a way to fish me into paying without actually following through. How should I go forth with this process? Can I record a phone call having them state they are a representative of said agency, or refuse to continue any more communication unless via snail mail? This collection has been a thorn in my side for about a year now and has put the brakes on a lot of my life. Need to get it gone. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Re: Collection agency (National Business Factor) offered PAy for Delete over phone

I could only find 2 times about this CA. In 2011. Never heard of them. Back then they did do PFD. But 11 yrs later who knows. You have to look up your state and see the laws for recorded phone calls. Good Luck.

Homeowner since Sept 2020. My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag. Just sharing my experiences after BK from learning here from rebuild to recovery from the @ 540's.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.