Re: Collection deleted dropped me 15 points

F3E46C47-748A-41F0-9161-04B21E899598.png

7FC6545D-3A19-43AF-AE73-400E12A14785.png

No lates before Jan 2019. Nothing reported after June 2019 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You see the date where it says last updated? I don’t know when that screenshots from because it’s not showing 2020 but if that is a current screenshot they have not updated it since July 2019 but that would still make it current/recent.

But you haven’t given us any information about your profile. Do you have other collections do you have other chargeoffs, do you have other baddies? You forgot to give us more information in order for us to be able to analyze it.

Plus did you have utilization changes or are there any other changes to your profile there’s 1 million things that can cause the score change.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 3 other charge offs I also paid this month however they haven't updated yet. I'm 100% sure its this debt thats updated. I last updated as a CO on jun 2019. I have no other CO other 3 baddies are now paid in full ( they were also chargeoffs). I had practically zero utlization on all my debt EXCEPT for the 4 baddies I had just settled this month. This one I settled and had deleted it was a collection company for 50% and the other 3 I paid 75% but they wouldnt delete just update although they havent been updated yet. my 3 creditcards have less than 4% total utlization and my self lender is 3 months old and updating correctly. I'm not sure what else it could be as thats all that I have.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous So, Pioneer is the OC? And the collection was deleted? But you’re currently showing three other charge-offs unpaid until they are updated to paid. And you're also waiting on pioneer to be updated to paid? And that’s it, no other baddies on your record?

And you lost it on EX8? And the source of the score is Experian?
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

2D8B7A35-1020-429C-AF95-4CF9A5AC0BEF.png

I know this is credit karma but it shows the collection is deleted however looks like TU might go up? But my Equifax went down. This credit stuff is so weird and confusing 

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give it a month to see what happens, my wife had something like that happen, her score went down 65 points and then 3 weeks later it went up 85.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

6E7BE294-B93E-42EF-B2BE-7908FFAEB993.png

TransUnion went up 13 points it just updated on myFICO. I'm mind blown. 🤯 

Message 18 of 21
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Nice, congrats

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why did I lose 15 points for having a collection removed? So confused.... it was a 4K + collection that was removed 3A42ABD5-4E7E-40A8-8EDB-F145ADFAFF12.png

It honestly could be anything.

AAoA, even though it shouldn't count CAs, I have seen them listed and calculated in my own personal AAoAs on my CRs. So maybe yours went down.

Or your positive accounts could have had changes. It doesn't necessarily mean a really bad change or negative mark. It doesn't have to be a derog that lowers your score. Maybe util or something.

I also find updates and scores changes are rarely in-sync with one another. I have seen the score reflection of an update take nearly 2 months to surface to see the impact.

I wouldn't fret. Often thefe is a reported change and score change and the Bureaus just put thsm together when in fact the change did not cause the score change. The system isnt smart enough to differentiate that this did not cause that. It sees a number change and a report change and slaps them together.

Good luck!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.