Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection deleted odds reappearing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection deleted odds reappearing

About a month ago I disputed a collection on EXPERIAN and to my surprise it was deleted after 30 days, it was an att collection from a CO I disputed the balance. I'm not sure the balance was accurate to be honest but I'm sure there was a balance. What are the odds of reappearing
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection deleted odds reappearing

Pretty good unless you can settle it with the OC before they send it to another collector. This CA most likely didnt have collection authority anymore.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think OC has that account when I disputed it was to s CO
Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the DOFD on the OC account?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date open 4/15
Reported since 6/15
Last reported 6/15
Payment history 6/15-C
This account continue record until 12/19
CO-credence resource manage
That is all info I have on this from report
Message 5 of 11
greent
Frequent Contributor

I had collections deleted thru the collection agency and they never came back.

Message 6 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If you disputed and it was deleted, I think the chances are smaller that it comes back, unless somehow they can verify the info.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they sell it to another JDB within the 7 year timeframe it can show back up again, under the new CA. 

If the debt is legitimate it's wise to pay it before that can happen.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dates don't even make sense to me date open 4/15
Well I've been with Verizon since 11/14
I'm not saying I never had att but that date to me doesn't ring a bell. Plus the balance was $1995 on a cell phone like are they serious.
Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The Open Date for a collection is separate and apart from the open date of the OC account.

The date opened for a collection is reportable as of the date they received their collection authority, either by assignment from another owner, or by their purchase of the debt.

There are two possible reasons why the collection was deleted, neither of which prevent later reinsertion.

First, if the debt collector was unable to provide a statement of verification back to the CRA within the 30-day reinvestigation period, the CRA will normally delete based on alck of verification of the dispute.  Such deletions are not absolute.  The debt collector can, at any time they do obtain verification, submit to the CRA and have the collection reinserted.  They may simply need more time to obtain info from the creditor.

Second,, they may have sold the debt or otherwise had their collection authority terminated.

A new debt collector can obtain authority, and begin the process anew, such as by first reporting their collection.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.