Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection offer letter..what to do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection offer letter..what to do

Newly joined and have a couple of questions:

I am in the middle of repairing my credit by negotiating a couple of collection accounts.

I received an offer letter from NCO financial williing to accept 50% of the outstanding debt whcih I can pay.

it does give you the option of paying  it via on-line. so my question is.

Do I pay it online and will they automatically send a letter to the credit reporting on their own or should I call them and get them to agree to send a letter to the CR companies

Thanks;

P.S. I did negotiate a settlement on another debt in an installemnt plan and gave them my bank info to withdraw..did I do okay on this? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection offer letter..what to do

tepa1967 wrote:

Newly joined and have a couple of questions:

I am in the middle of repairing my credit by negotiating a couple of collection accounts.

I received an offer letter from NCO financial williing to accept 50% of the outstanding debt whcih I can pay.

it does give you the option of paying  it via on-line. so my question is.

Do I pay it online and will they automatically send a letter to the credit reporting on their own or should I call them and get them to agree to send a letter to the CR companies

Thanks;

P.S. I did negotiate a settlement on another debt in an installemnt plan and gave them my bank info to withdraw..did I do okay on this? 

Welcome to the forums!

If NCO is willing to accept 50%, and if you have the $$$ to pay, then DV them if you haven't done so and if they verify, then offer a PFD for the 50%. If they accept the PFD, do not pay online, but send a certified check or money order. Paying a CA won't get it deleted unless they agree to a PFD.

Never give out your banking info to a CA. And never talk to a CA and get everything in writing beforehand. I always recommend saving up the $$$ before negotiating anything.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the advise.

I am just trying to clear all my debts in order to get a home this year..don't know if it's even going to be possible but I am somewhat desperate to get all this cleaned up.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your state for collections laws. If the CA must be licensed or bonded....are they?  Know what your SOL is before doing anything!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.