Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection removed and debt paid....

tag
MDG099
Valued Member

Collection removed and debt paid....

Hey all!!

Jist a quick question here...I recently sent in a a GW letter to a CA and i called them a few weeks later and politely asked if they recieved the letter, They transferred me 3 times and finally the lady i spoke with explained to me that they did recieve the letter and the colllection will be submitted for removal at the end of July. Now I have also paid off my credit card which has a $500 limit and currently a $288 balance on my credit report. Once all of this is reported, how much do you think my credit score will go up?

Once this is all off of my report I am going to apply for a new credit card with a higher balance, should I wait to apply for a few months or does that not matter?
Also, I will be switching cell phone carriers from Tmobile to AT&T (Yes! I'm getting the new iphone).
When AT&T do a credit check will that show up on my report?? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection removed and debt paid....

MDG099 wrote:
Hey all!!

Jist a quick question here...I recently sent in a a GW letter to a CA and i called them a few weeks later and politely asked if they recieved the letter, They transferred me 3 times and finally the lady i spoke with explained to me that they did recieve the letter and the colllection will be submitted for removal at the end of July. Now I have also paid off my credit card which has a $500 limit and currently a $288 balance on my credit report. Once all of this is reported, how much do you think my credit score will go up?

Is this your only collection? How old is it?

Is that one CC your only one? If not, what is your overall util before and after the paydown?

If you pulled your reports through this site, you can use the simulator to estimate your score change due to the CC paydown.

Once this is all off of my report I am going to apply for a new credit card with a higher balance, should I wait to apply for a few months or does that not matter?

How many recent inquiries do you have?

Also, I will be switching cell phone carriers from Tmobile to AT&T (Yes! I'm getting the new iphone).

Yes, it will likely appear.

Message 2 of 7
MDG099
Valued Member

Yes, this is only only collection and it is 1 year and 9 months old. The amount was for $920, it was from an apartment bill.

Yes, that is my only CC.

I have 0 recent inquiries.

Also my current credit score is 627 from TU. I'm going to pull all 3 reports once all of the changes go through.
Message 3 of 7
Twix
Valued Member

Quick question - you said from an apartment.  Were you dealing with ACCB?

Also - did they give you a reason "for the end of July?"  Why are they delaying until then?
Message 4 of 7
MDG099
Valued Member

Twix,

That's a great question and I would love to answer it....I just have no idea what an "ACCB" is. lol

The answer to you other question, no they didn't get me an answer that I can remember, but I'm pretty sure they submit all their removals at once. Thats what my opinion is at least.
Message 5 of 7
Twix
Valued Member

Well I would not apply for AT&T until you make sure they actually delete at the end of July.

Let us know if they do or not....
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MDG099 wrote:
Hey all!!

it might be better in the future, no matter how nice the people at the collection agency seem to be, to do everything by certified mail. you will not have to call them and waste your time on hold to make sure they received your letter, you can just go to usps.gov to track and confirm your certified mail number. some people say it's ok not to send it return receipt requested (the green card), and save the couple bucks.... but sometimes it's nice to have that physical 'proof' in hand with their signature on it instead of an online print out.

and the bonus is, with certified mail, you won't be on the phone with a rep who is more likely to lie to you than not.

if you do phone them, try to record, if you can.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.