Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection reporting as Installment Loan

tag
Athena123
Valued Member

Collection reporting as Installment Loan

Hi,

I have a new collection showing on my Equifax and Transunion reports, but it is also reporting to my Experian report as an installment loan.  A delinquent installment loan. Prior to my husband's death a year and a half ago he incurred some debt that I discovered after his passing, this appears to be a charge from our military housing on base. I'm not quite sure what for.  Its very substantial and I have no knowledge of it prior to seeing it on here today. It totals over $5,000. 

I'm really confused and unsure how to proceed? If anyone has any advice at all it would be monumentally appreciated.

I'm just really trying to move forward from these issues and pick up the pieces. Thanks so so much.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection reporting as Installment Loan

Who is reporting the delinquent debt as a loan?

Is the reporting by the creditor, or is it the same party who is reporting as a collection?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any contact info for the installment loan?
Message 3 of 5
Athena123
Valued Member

It is the collection agency.  Their name is: Kimball, Tirey, and St. John. No contact info listed for them on any report.  However, I google searched them.  It looks like they are attorneys specializing in landlord-tenant law and I found an address and phone number. 

I'm concerned that I haven't received any communication from anyone and have no idea what I owe a $5523 debt for. 

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Send them a request for debt validation.

The DV will be timely if they never sent dunning notice, and will thus invoke a cease collection bar until they send validation.

Since you apparently need more info regarding the debt, be sure to include a specific sentence in your DV that requests the name of the original creditor and an itemization of the asserted debt.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.