Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection settlement

tag
Hotcoals91
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection settlement

Right well I just settled on another one so it'll be a while before I have anything that I could actually offer them

Message 11 of 13
tsoismycat

I know this is old, but if you were still looking.

I think your debt is too fresh to make much of an offer, if any. Good news though it stopped accruing interest for you! Any payment plan you have is going right to the debt.

I had a 5800 capital one charge off. 

I made a 10 yr pmt plan with the first collection agency, and paid it off and on. Until it got passed somewhere else. I never bothered with the second collection agency, and only on the 3rd did their own price start dropping. That I never got accepted in my offers. 

After leaving it sit for 5 years. Settled it for $990 in April 2020. 

They didn't budge on the debt until it went to the last debt collector and they started dropping the price every few letters. Once their offer hit $990 I knew I needed to just take it and pay it offs 

Message 12 of 13
Hotcoals91
Regular Contributor

Good news is I was able to get 30% off with $3000 down, the bad news is I'll be paying $200 monthly over the next 20 months

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.