Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection shield 360 update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection shield 360 update

Hey all.

Just wanted to post a quick update now that my day counter has dropped to 0 on collection shield 360. Started with 10 collections spread out between the two bureaus they work with. I will say they still have 5 in disputes, but of the other 5 only 1 was deleted (it was a paid in full collection) and 4 came back as 'negative' results. By negative results they mean they were not able to dispute with the CA. Not as great of results as others had, but like I said, 5 are still in disputes even though it's been 50 days since I signed up.

Just wanted to update for anyone who is curious about them!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection shield 360 update

I have 5 days left. They're disputing 4 collections. One of which I received a letter that they were no longer pursuing, and I knew that because the day after they initiated my account two collections were deleted from my reports, so I don't even think those were really disputed.

I'm hoping these other two come back gone. I've received no letters or calls from the collections, no updates from collection shield either, so I don't know if I take it as no news is good news?

Anyways, guess now you're next step is PFD?
Message 2 of 9
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

IowaNative,

I am curious about some thing and hope you will take the time to answer me.

since this last post of yours did you MyFico score or FAKO's go up?

did the items they marked as NEGATIVE ever drop off the other report or did you have to start doing disputes yourself?

Here's my reasons for asking.

When I first started rebuilding in Nov 2016 I disputed a PRA collection directly with each CB online. The account is not mine.

Experian dropped it immediately but TU and EQ said nope "verified". really annoyed me.

Found CS360 and decided to try them.

Today was the 45th day and I went and check my CS360 account.

TU has dropped it.

EQ is marked as Negative.

EQ is always the slowest to respond for changes to my account, on everything. New card, 3 days to 2 weeks behind the others. New Student Loan -3 weeks behind the others. Balance change -10 days behind the others.

not once since I started rebuilding have they reported something the same time as the other two.

CS360 included a link to a dispute process and sample letter to the CB but no copies of what they have sent to the CA so I don't know what they have said to them and that worries me if I have to dispute with them directly . I don't want disputing the EQ account with them to make them resubmit to the others.

The account is past its SOL so I cannot be sued for it, but they could harrass my credit report for two more years if they get nasty.

I get a new 3b from MyFico March 23rd, but don't want to  wait that long, at the same time considering that EQ is always slow I don't want to jump to quick to start issuing dispute letters until I am sure they are not removing it.

Another factor is that I also have a Credit Check Total subscription that expires in the next few days that i am not renewing. It currently shows that as of the 18th of Feb (two days ago) the TU report still had the collection showing. The only place it has been removed from (so far) is on Credit Karma. there was no change to the FAKO score which I expected to go up once a collection dropped off, so I am a bit confused on that.

As it stands right now I plan to TRY and wait a few days to see if it falls off EQ and if not start sending dispute letters to them. MyFICO should update by then with at least the TU account.

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

Mike

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My counter hit 0 on Friday as "Negative".. CS360 sends a stupid link to use a sample dispute letter but it doesn't work. I never received any collection letters from Cach LLC. I really hoped CS360 could get this collection removed. Guess I'll be waiting 2 years for it to fall off. I may try Lexingon Law.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't waste my time with Lexington Law. I've been using them for 3 months. They seem to do more harm than good. They removed one CA, but it came right back on just as soon as it was removed. It knocked my score down. My score is just now getting good back up to where it was before I signed up with them. And that's because of my credit line of crease. I'm about to cancel their service. It's costing me 119 a month. Such a waste.
Message 5 of 9
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

All 3 of my PRA collection accounts came back as Negative with CS360. Smiley Sad
I'm not all that disappointed as it was wishful thinking to start with.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 6 of 9
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

for all following this thread I have put up a new post today about CS360 and errors from TU on CK.

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike I apologize I'm just seeing this now. Last I checked my FICO didn't really move as only one collection account was removed. The others remain, even though 2 of the 3 are paid, the third I don't recognize as mine but still came back verified. I'm also frustrated! Inlso got an email from CS360 about the TU mistakes, but was confused. Oh and lastly one of the 3 accounts did pop up as being looked into further, on CS360, so I will keep updating with what happens with that!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have about 36 days left..... Nothing yet like some ppl report results in a week or so.. Im stuck at 560-570.. Sucks Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.