cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection showed up on my credit report today!! Advice needed, please help!

tag
cesmith64
Established Member

Collection showed up on my credit report today!! Advice needed, please help!

Out of the blue today I get a email form my USAA credit monitoring service that there was a change on my credit report that I needed to look into. I was upset to see that a collection from a place called Enhanced Recovery has reported that I have a past due bill with ATT!! WTH!! I have tv, internet and cell service with ATT and I am in perfect standing with them. I called ATT and they have no idea why a collection agency is saying that I owe them money and they have no record of any past due balances of any kind. I have disputed the charge already earlier today with the Experian online dispute center. I have received no past due bills of any kind in the mail, ever, and I have never been notified in any way, shape or form that I owe any past due amounts. The collection has had a huge impact on my credit report and it says this collection will stay on my report until 2015! There was a phone number and address fpr Enhanced Recovery. Do I call them or write them a letter? I have racked my brain if there could be something from my past that I could have inadvertently not paid but from 2002-2008 I lived out of the country in the UK and prior to that I didn't even use ATT! How do I get this off my report? Thanks in advance, I have been using these boards religiously to get my scores up and now this!! Smiley Sad   By the way, I live in Texas and this Enhanced Recovery says they are in Florida! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection showed up on my credit report today!! Advice needed, please help!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.