Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection that doesn't show up on any of my CR's

tag
Isaiah2990
Contributor

Collection that doesn't show up on any of my CR's

I have a collection that is not reported on any of my credit reports..I had a military charge card that charged off and they sold the account to NCO..Is this common that some companies do collections without putting it on your CR..Should I pay it off before they report to the bureaus ?

Starting Score: FAKO EQ 497 EX 516 TU 517 (4.28.12)
Current Score: FICO EQ 587 (9.29.13) TU (GECRB) 596 (2.19.13) EX (USAA) 482 (3.12.13)
Goal Score: 700 all across the board!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection that doesn't show up on any of my CR's

To the best of my knowledge, they are supposed to send a Dunning notice before they report to the CRA's, if they don't they are in violation.  I have a few inquiries, even a few years old from CA's that never appeared on my CR - I did pay a few things off.  I've paid a CA directly and they never reported on my CR, the OC updated the TL. 

All that to say, it guess it depends on the CA on when and if they will actually report, or whether or not they legally own the debt or are just assigned. 

Also, if you do pay, you may want to have them guarantee they will not report.  Since they are not reporting, you may want to reach out to the OC to see if you can pay them directly, if they are still reporting the balance.  

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 2 of 3
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection that doesn't show up on any of my CR's

Is the OC still reporting the charge off with a balance? It's possible that NCO is just servicing the debt. This was the case with a Cap1 charge off for me.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.