cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection was deleted but credit score remains unchanged?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection was deleted but credit score remains unchanged?

I recently had two collections completely removed from my CRs (WOOOOOO) but my FICO scores haven't increased that much. Should I give it some more time? Or am I expecting too much too soon? I thought getting two deleted was a pretty big deal, kind of like I won a battle (not the war just yet). Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection was deleted but credit score remains unchanged?

Maybe you are expecting too much...if the accounts are off...and you pulled our reports..that's what your going to get...it's instant...SORRY!!!..How old were they???...
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

One was a medical bill for $561 that was only about two years old. We disputed the validity and they deleted it. The other was a paid for delete collection with OSI (Southwestern Bell) that was about three years old. We paid it and they immediately deleted it. I checked all three reports and they are both gone. This whole credit repair thing is depressing. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

After 2 years collections won't have a major impact on your score.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

apparently neither does one that is 2 months old. I had one deleted that was just put on 2 months ago. And no point increase. It does leave me three collections that are 4 yrs old but I thought having a new recent one deleted would give me something
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

AS long as you have any collection on your credit report you aren't going to see a dramatic increase in points. Just one collection can hold your score down by 60 or 70 points by itself.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

well the new one that was added two months ago took 40 points it being deleted should have give me something back.all my other collections are medical and i have been trying to get them removed because my insurance is what paid them late not me. My insurance is 100% with me not being responsible for any amount.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection from 1/2008....and when I got it deleted in April...I got almost +50 point on all reports...
Message 8 of 9
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

these are just werid. i got a couple off of DH when they last one came off I got 11 points on EQ but I still have two more. one is deffinatly going to come off as I sent the CRAs a ltter that the company no longer holds the account and were suposed to take it off the CRA over two years ago... its still there but the CRAs would not except my letter and had to validate with the CO. i was not expecting the increase so it was nice.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.