Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection

My husband had a collection on his report for $70 from 2009. Two weeks ago it was no longer showing up on credit karma which we thought was unusual because it was not that old and it wasn't paid. We then updated his trans union score and report on my fico and it was no longer listed which made his score increase 50 points. I was just on credit karma and updated his score which decreased and it was listed that the previous c
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection

Oops collection was now added back to report. Can credit agencies remove info and then add it back on? We are afraid that it will look like a new collection which will impact his score.
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Collections are allowed to re-report after removal. Did you do anything to it to cause it to drop off? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No we did not dispute it. We were actually planning on paying it because we would like to buy a house in the spring but then it was off the report. Do you have any ideas as to why it would be taken off and then added again if we had done nothing.
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Was it the exact same creditor that deleted and then re-reported? It's not uncommon for a CA to sell a debt and have a new one take over. If it was the same one, then it's uncommon, but certainly not illegal. Maybe they updated their computers causing a temporary glitch. Maybe the CA failed to pay their fees or dues. Maybe they deleted for a short time while reviewing their own records. Who knows.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.