Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Account to be Removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Account to be Removed

Hey everyone, a little ways into my rebuild phase and one of my goodwill letters has paid off!  I sent a GW to Universal Recovery and I got a phone call back stating the account has already been removed from my credit reports and that it should reflect in my credit score around October 10th.

I have other negative items on my credit reports, so just wondering if I will see any type of score increase.

Thanks!

Matt

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections Account to be Removed

I'm not sure about potential score boost but congrats on getting it removed 🎉
Message 2 of 31
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You may see some Fico point increase but it will be muted until the last derog is removed.
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have tried goodwilling a few other accounts, one being in collections which was paid in full in April of this year.  The account has been assigned to the collection company since 2013.  They informed me that they are not able to remove the account from my report, that I would need to call the CB's.  Is this accurate?  I thought they could simply delete the account, like what another company claims they have done.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn't really make sense. Because if you dispute it with the CB, they will just contact the CA to verify if it should be there. 🤔

I would just wait a week and send another letter. Hopefully it will land on a different employees desk.
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay will do.  I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  In about 4 months time my scores have jumped up about 34 points each.  That's with 85% credit utilization too.  So I'm excited to see what happens after the CB's get my updated utilization which is still high, but closer to 50%.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to update this thread.  Just got a notification from Credit Karma that a collections account with CBE has been removed from my report.  That was a collection that hit earlier this year, so it was not due to fall off for years.  My goodwill attempts have paid off again.

I don't have an active subscription with MyFICO anymore so I'm not sure if I've gotten an increase since two negative accounts have been removed.  There are still multiple accounts which are haunting me so probably no score increase, but it should look better to potential lenders in the future!

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 🎉 If you want a fast peek at your fico scores you can do the $1 trial (7days) with credit check total. Just make sure you cancel it online once you get the scores. ☺
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really like the layout of MyFICO so I went ahead an started a monthly membership again.  My scores are 638 EQ, 613 TU, and 626 EX.

Still need to tackle my Utilization, and attempt to get rid of the other derogs on my report.  Not too bad for 4 months of work, scores have raised 40+ points on all 3 CB's.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still need to tackle my utilization on my revolving accounts. I'm at like 71%, so should see a pretty big bump if I can get that lowered.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.