Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Account to be Removed

tag
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Collections Account to be Removed

Sorry to hear that😞

Personally, IMHO, I would call him back and ask what gives?...but, be super nice about it. Ask if it was a mistake or is this just something of procedure and then it’ll be removed? Granted, it was a GW request but, I would push a little and see what he says(?) I’m sure this is out of SOL(I’ll take a DUH now lol) Call back ASK don’t be afraid, the damage has already been done.

Good Luck🤞

Keep us posted

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 21 of 31
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

I’m going to extend an “olive branch”...if you will.

The attempt of a GW adjustment is the HOPE an OC will make that adjustment in your favor. BUT, I’ve come to notice that, in some cases, yours in particular, can bring NEW LIGHT to the OC. Where as, you GW request “Opened Their Eyes” to what might have been otherwise forgotten about. In your case, “added notations” that would presumably had fallen through the cracks(?) So, my “spider senses” tell me that, UNLESS you are absolutely sure(?) there aren’t any OTHER lates? OR anything else that might be trailing the account that one is unaware of(?) I take it an GW could backfire and produce unwanted results that someone(debtor) was not prepared for. I guess it’s safe to say, “Be careful GW’g, UNLESS you are absolutely certain you KNOW where you stand on the account, past and present.”

Sorry that happened. IMHO, I would still call.

Again, Good Luck!!🤞

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, and hopefully your response will help others.  I know for a fact with all of the negative accounts I have or have had in the past, they were all as bad as they could get lol.  My accounts are either in good standing / never late, or were charged off.  So I guess unless I'm missing something, the only way is up on those accounts haha.

Message 23 of 31
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

That’s right! Drown out the bad, with the good! It’s a crazy balancing act. (I know you know this already😉)

>

I❤️NY
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, where did you get the template for the GW letter?
Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't use a template, I just sent letters explaining the situation, why the account became delinquent, etc.  But just google GW letter template and you should find a bunch.

Message 26 of 31
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately I have no way of proving that I paid the debt aside from knowing that I paid the debt lol.

But it's to the VA and I am again receiving payments from them, so we both know the debt has been repaid (2/3 CRA's show the account as paid).  But we are dealing with the government here, so I'm not surprised they are only partially accurate.

Account won't be removed until 12/2019

What # are you using to call VA? I had a similar issue where they were reporting $0 to 2/3 correctly and 1 with a balance. I called VA and they said just dispute. I said no that's not good enough send me proof this has been paid (mind you 4 whopping years ago!). Received letter 2 days later from them debt paid $0 balance. In dispute pursuit now with letter upload proof so should be resolved soon. 

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just been calling the Debt Management Center at 1-800-827-0648

Message 28 of 31
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have just been calling the Debt Management Center at 1-800-827-0648

Awesome yeah that's how I got through as well. Is it reporting to all 3 CRA's or just 1 or 2 and if so which ones? Hope this gets resolved quickly for you!

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@topgunvf

Awesome yeah that's how I got through as well. Is it reporting to all 3 CRA's or just 1 or 2 and if so which ones? Hope this gets resolved quickly for you!

It's reporting to all 3 bureaus.  I got in contact with someone higher up with the VA, local to my area.  He did some digging for me, but came back and basically told me that the VA would not remove the account from my reports.  So I'll have to wait for this to naturally fall off around 1/2020...Oh well, I tried!

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.