cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections: Best Way to Get Them Deleted!

tag
youngguns996
Contributor

Collections: Best Way to Get Them Deleted!

Members please post your advise and your experiences of having your collection accounts deleted. it would be a great help to me and I'm sure most of our new members looking for help with their collection accounts. THANKS!!

Start Ex 514 EQ 552 TU 582
Current Ex 702 EQ 687 TU 734 All Fico Scores (Lender Pull)
Goal 700+
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections: Best Way to Get Them Deleted!

For paid CAs GW letters. For ones that are open PFD settlement letters.

Message 2 of 11
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

It's easier to ask about a specific ca. Do you have names??
Message 3 of 11
youngguns996
Contributor

Sorry I didn't respond right away I didn't get an email notification that there was a reply.

JJ MARSHALLS is the CA, I tried for PFD, but they wouldn't budge. They accounts are paid in full and I disputed them a few times but no luck. I think the GW would not work because they said it was illegal for them to delete the info without justification. I might add they were very rude and told me "How many times do I have to tell you NO"

Goal 700+
Message 4 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@youngguns996 wrote:

Members please post your advise and your experiences of having your collection accounts deleted. it would be a great help to me and I'm sure most of our new members looking for help with their collection accounts. THANKS!!

sorry, could not resist.Smiley Very Happy

Open credit report on iPad, select (drag) copied dispute item, and dump in trash can.

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@youngguns996 wrote:

Sorry I didn't respond right away I didn't get an email notification that there was a reply.

JJ MARSHALLS is the CA, I tried for PFD, but they wouldn't budge. They accounts are paid in full and I disputed them a few times but no luck. I think the GW would not work because they said it was illegal for them to delete the info without justification. I might add they were very rude and told me "How many times do I have to tell you NO"

Most  lower level csr's will state that.  If you are truly determined (mine start falling off next month through December, then only medical to contend with), you need to get the gw's, along with some polite tantalizing reasons, to executive office, ceo's etc.  it helps if you have some long standing account backing behind it.  Personal experience.  I have also had good luck with disputing CRA's (was offed over the phone dispute for for someone with bad ssn#, but I may sue for the letters sent by OC).  If that is not your experience, gw is a long suffering process. (one I'm slightly setting myself up for with sweet talking prior).  Good luck.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 11
youngguns996
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. Good luck to you as well.
Goal 700+
Message 7 of 11
Smarter2day
Established Member

I wished I had read up on this forum years ago. Perhaps the HIPPA method could work for you - google whychat HIPPA. 

I didn't have the option of asking for PFD, since I had already paid all my collections. Some directly to the OC, some to the CA. 

I started with requesting GW (2 diff CAs) and each said no (even though they had all been PIF for years). Then I physically went to my local medical provider to speak with the director of accounts. Maybe it was to my advantage that I had a large current bill due also, but I negotiated that if I pay my new bill in full, she would as the CAs to pull the files. 

I am from a small town and I believe that even if I did not have the advantage of being able to leverage full payment of a new bill, that she would have worked with me. I flat out asked her if she had the ability to request they do not report this and she told me yes. (Might be a difference depending on whether the OC or the CA technically owns the debt). 

Anyway, I would see if you can get anything out of the OC also. 

Message 8 of 11
youngguns996
Contributor

Thanks Smarter2day! I will try that too.
Goal 700+
Message 9 of 11
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I haven't really had a collection account listed on my CR.... oh yeah now I think about it, yeah I had about two collections on different occasion like 2yrs ago from AT&T and T-Mobile accounts I had no idea about. It was so easy getting them removed, all I did was dispute as Not Mine and they were all deleted, never had to deal with the Collection Agency.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.