Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Deleted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Deleted?

I submitted a dispute for my 2 collections a couple weeks ago. I got this (screen shot) today

deleted.jpg

SUCCESS! Right?

What effect will having one remoed from my credit report have? My Experian Mortgage Score was at 602...

Sucks I still have one on there but dropping from 2 to 1 collection will jump m... 5 points...50 points?

any insight would be great

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections Deleted?

UPDATE...

Looks like FICO 8 went from 638 to 646

and Mortgage FICO 2 went from 602 to 650!

I hope this is correct. Does that sound right?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me when I sent them(Portfolio) a PFD. They responded as though it were a dispute. My assumption is that they will be re-reporting it shortly. I'm so upset about it. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? That's awful. This wasn't a PFD though. Maybe thats the difference...?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They treated my PFD letter as a dispute. I got two form letters from them today verifying my debt, even though I never disputed it. No reference to anything I actually wrote in the letter. 

Having this collection removed was the difference between qualifying for a mortgage and not. I'm going to be homeless over a $700 collection bill that I'd gladly pay three times over to make it go away. PRA is an absolutely awful company. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.