Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections---I need help!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections---I need help!!!

I research this account over the weekend. On my TR report, this account is scheduled to fall of 06/2010.  The last DOLA 2003.  The SOL for Arkansas 3 years, which this account is over SOL. Do I just ride this out or DV Hilco.  THe OC will not be able to sue due to being over SOL?
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your course of action would depend on your ultimate goal for this account. Are you just going to ride it out until it falls off or are you going to try and PFD it and have it removed early.

Have you paid on this account since it went delinquent, have you acknowledged the account or agreed to repayment since that time?

Some companies try suing under "breach of contract" for CC, which falls under written SOL and is usually longer.

In MO, one defendant won because the CC company couldn't produce a written contract that was signed by the defendant, so SOL fell back under open contracts.

This is becoming more common. Some states are allowing it.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will  ride this out until it fall off CR.  I have not made any payments on this account since 2003.  I  only have 2 more years.  It is not really effecting scores.  The best option would be to ignore phone calls for CA and  pray that the OC do not sue under written contract vs open contract. 
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.