Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Question

I am really new to this, and I am trying really hard to get my score up. I am getting married in a week and we want to buy a house within the next few years, but money is still tight for us because we are young and still getting settled and our rent alone is over 1000. I made a lot of mistakes in college, including assuming that hospital bills from a car accident would be paid by the car insurance company. For some reason there were 4 that never got paid by the insurance company and are now in collections on my credit report. They come off in 3 years, but I would like to see them gone before then. I have paid 1 in full, but I didnt know about the PFD. If this have been paid for about a year, is it too late to get it taken off my credit report? I orginally disputed them, and 1 showed paid after the dispute. Is there any way to get that one taken off? The other 2 have not been paid, and I am not recieving collection calls or anything on them. What options do I have for these? Any help I can get would be great!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Collections Question

You can certainly try to get them removed.  The one that's already paid...send them a goodwill letter. (use the search here...gw letters)

the others you can get ahold of them & try the PFD.  Tell them all about your wedding plans & tell them that would be the best "gift" you could receive!!! Smiley Wink
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, if I send a GW letter to them, does it go to the CA or OC?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was ready to write up letters for PFD to the collection agency, but they all show as a bunch of letters and numbers. Where do I find real information on them?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.