Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections VS. Original Creditors

tag
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Collections VS. Original Creditors

Started in the middle and went into the fall. There are 3 OC there that occurred in the fall.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 11 of 20
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Well if thats the case they can still report until the fall since that is when you defaulted.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 12 of 20
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Ok. It’s Portfolio Recovery Assoc.

Thanks

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 13 of 20
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Oh well you can pay them and they will remove it in 30 days even if you settle with them.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 14 of 20
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thanks

Message 15 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You can also call and ask for the early exclusion on these. 3 months out for EQ and EX, 6 months out from TU. I would still settle them even if they cannot be reported anymore. If they are past states SOL and cannot be reported I would low ball them as a start point.

Message 16 of 20
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

I was thinking I should call. It is all well past the SOL here.

Thank you

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

You can also call and ask for the early exclusion on these. 3 months out for EQ and EX, 6 months out from TU. I would still settle them even if they cannot be reported anymore. If they are past states SOL and cannot be reported I would low ball them as a start point.

EQ is one month and both EQ and EX can make a real big mess of these requests. I would just ask TU since they actually seem to be competent enough to do it. 

Message 18 of 20
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I thought EX was not a problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
Thank you. I thought EX was not a problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Check our my Ford Motor Credit thread here in this forum to see what kind of a mess can happen when you request EE from EX. Someone actually asked a question in the thread today so it got bumped to first page. Long story short, I believe EX actually reached out to Ford about it, took it off my report, and Ford updated it on EQ the same day which crashed my EQ score and I haven’t been able to get it fixed. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.