Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections account removed BUT still listed as Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections account removed BUT still listed as Charge Off

Hi everyone,

I’m in a conundrum. I had one collection account from Fingerhut/Webbank. I disputed that account via the CFPB and the owner of the collection account agreed to delete it. The collection was removed from all 3 bureaus but I just realized it’s still on my report listed as a “Negative Account” on my FICO 3b Report. It’s shown as a charge off on all 3 bureaus with 0 balance. I’m not sure if this was reported by Fingerhut directly. Is there something I can do to remedy this?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections account removed BUT still listed as Charge Off

Once the OC creditor feels they won’t get there money back typically they just count it as a loss and report it as a charge off

When OC sell the debt to CA they will then 0 out the amount owed, The collection company that bought it will then report there line as a collection, just because you had the collection account removed doesn’t mean the OC will remove there’s, theres several post about goodwill letters and that would be your best bet, just make the letters as personal as you can when writing them.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah. Got it... darn that sucks
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yah I’m dealing with a lot of the same things right now, just work on the goodwill letters and send em
Out. Worst scenario they don’t write back or they do and say no, best case they do it, regardless your not out much, just the cost of postage
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.