Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections listed as "Other Accounts"

tag
bmblbg
Regular Contributor

Collections listed as "Other Accounts"

So I went to annual credit reports and got a copy of my EQ report. I have two collection accounts that are listed under "Other Accounts" instead of "Collections" 

I'm wondering if this is actually hurting me worse since they seem to appear as open accounts that are late every month and basically look like loans with 100% Debt-to-Credit Ratio??

Would it make sense to contact EQ and request appropriate categorization, or would I just be hurting myself in the long-run by "adding" two collection accounts?

Here's some screenshots of the report to illustrate what I'm saying here:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

And just to show the difference in header/explanation of Other Accounts v Collections, here's this one!

5.jpg

Any input/advice/feedback would be appreciated,

Thanks!!

Mortgage Scores:
11/26/2018 EQ: 542 EX: 610 TU: 548
8/30/2018 EQ: 571 EX: 504 TU: 533
7/30/2018: EQ: 598 EX: 591 TU: 608
4/5/2018 EQ: 543 EX: 522 TU: 467
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Collections listed as "Other Accounts"

OP, dont worry about classification

Any contact with CRA would be treated as a dispute and last thing you want is for any of those accounts to cause an update. Annual credit report is just for your eyes only. As long as information is correct, they can call it "Rainbow Sprinkle Sparkle" if they want.

It really does not change anything. 

If you look at the actual reports, and they are classified as closed paid collections it's correct. 

Message 2 of 3
bmblbg
Regular Contributor

Re: Collections listed as "Other Accounts"

@Remedios wrote:

OP, dont worry about classification

Any contact with CRA would be treated as a dispute and last thing you want is for any of those accounts to cause an update. Annual credit report is just for your eyes only. As long as information is correct, they can call it "Rainbow Sprinkle Sparkle" if they want.

It really does not change anything. 

If you look at the actual reports, and they are classified as closed paid collections it's correct. 

Perfect!! Thanks so much

Mortgage Scores:
11/26/2018 EQ: 542 EX: 610 TU: 548
8/30/2018 EQ: 571 EX: 504 TU: 533
7/30/2018: EQ: 598 EX: 591 TU: 608
4/5/2018 EQ: 543 EX: 522 TU: 467
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.