Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections listed by Fico CW

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Collections listed by Fico CW

I have some random things listed as "Collections" with the myFico CW?

Collection on debt to: Eba􀁜 Inc
The collection agency "178YC12307" was hired to collect a debt of $35 originally owed to "Ebay Inc" on account number
"XXXXXXXX".
Collection agency 178YC12307
Original balance $35
Current balance $35
Date assigned Apr, 2011
Original lender Ebay Inc
Account number XXXXXXXX
Account holder Individual
Collection

Umn, ive never defaulted on ebay and what proof do they have to place a collection again me????

Why are the collection agencies on these 4 "collections" i have out there listed as numbers and letters? 

all have 0 balance.... (except that weird ebay one) how can i get them to not report as a collection (since my other collections dont report as collections with this tool??? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Collections listed by Fico CW

Wow, idk numbers & letters listed usually means the CRA's are masking something medical, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.Smiley Surprised

Have you pulled your Free CR's from annualcreditreport.com recently?

If not, pull the CR's directly from the CRA's. Those tend to have more info on them, then the ones you get from a third party.

Oh and .......It doesn't matter where on a CR a collection is, because if coded as a collection, FICO scores it as a collection.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I have pulled them and it shows.............. 

for "Ebay" 

COLLECTION COMPANY OF AMER
Agency Address: 700 Longwater Dr
Norwell, MA 020611624
(800) 886-9177
Date Reported: 10/2011
Date Assigned: 04/2011
Creditor Classification: Financial
Creditor Name: EBAY INC
Accounts Number: 1129XXXX
Account Owner: Individual Account.
Original Amount Owned: $35
Date of 1 st Delinquency: 09/2008
Balance Date: 10/2011
Balance Owned: $35
Last Payment Date : N/A
Status Date: 10/2011
Comments: N/A

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

You never default on a ebay account, correct?   Could this be ID thief ?  Or someone with a similar name as yours, and the CRA put this debt on the wrong persons file?

I would try to contact Ebay, ask "What in the world is going on".lol Well maybe not those exact words, but you know what I mean.

This one shows the Name,add and ph # of the CA. You could send a DV letter to this CA or dispute with the CRA's as "not mine".

Just thinking off the top of my head of different options.Smiley Tongue

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

its only 35 dollars, should i negotiate a PFD? 

Message 5 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i wonder if they would Settle with me for 5 dollars?!?!? LOL JK JK !!!!!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.