Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Collections

So we paid off almost all collections (settled some some in full).After they have all been paid off..would  The next step would be to have 3 lines of credit...keep utilization under 10% and get no more lates..when trying to get ready to buy a home? Am I missing anything?? Will be getting  VA loan

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections

@SSH0126 wrote:

So we paid off almost all collections (settled some some in full).After they have all been paid off..would  The next step would be to have 3 lines of credit...keep utilization under 10% and get no more lates..when trying to get ready to buy a home? Am I missing anything?? Will be getting  VA loan

You might get a secured installment loan if you have no auto loan or student loan. Other than that, yes, you are correct on your path.

Message 2 of 20
SSH0126
Established Contributor

My husband has one secured credit card. we are working on utilization. and student loans. I have several credit cards(high utilization) we are making min payments..snow balling but first priority has been collections. I have a huge amount in student loans but I am in school. I have been told as long as I am in school when we apply for a loan then the lender would not include the student loans in utlization or anything else? 

Message 3 of 20
SSH0126
Established Contributor

We have a car loan. My husband has one secured credit card. we are working on utilization. and student loans. I have several credit cards(high utilization) we are making min payments..snow balling but first priority has been collections. I have a huge amount in student loans but I am in school. I have been told as long as I am in school when we apply for a loan then the lender would not include the student loans in utlization or anything else? 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SSH0126 wrote:

We have a car loan. My husband has one secured credit card. we are working on utilization. and student loans. I have several credit cards(high utilization) we are making min payments..snow balling but first priority has been collections. I have a huge amount in student loans but I am in school. I have been told as long as I am in school when we apply for a loan then the lender would not include the student loans in utlization or anything else? 

Your're good then, your original post has the correct steps - 3 credit cards, low UTI, and perfect payment history.

Message 5 of 20
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Have the collections that have been paid been deleted from your credit reports?

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 6 of 20
SSH0126
Established Contributor

No. They have not been deleated. 

Message 7 of 20
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Recommend that you do goodwill letters to the collection agencies asking for deletions.  You can contact me by private message on this forum for a sample letter, if you like.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 8 of 20
SSH0126
Established Contributor

I will

Message 9 of 20
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Message sent to you.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.