Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
busyone
Contributor

Collections

So I recently paid off a collection from Nationwide that was handled by Credit Collection Service.

It was just removed from all my report Smiley Happy !

My question is I have 3 charge offs on CC's all with smaller balances, $1,008, $400, and one with a 0 balance. 

Last payment was in late 2014.  Only one (the $1K balance) is being handled by a CA that offered me a settlement.

I have not heard anything at all from the other two.   Should I bother with doing the settlement or just ignore it and the

other two?   I am getting my utilization down on my CC's and no other negatives.  I really want to see a big score jump

by the end of the year.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections

If they are updating monthly settle as they are keeping your Fico depressed it they are not then I might just leave them alone at this point unless that settlement is a real good deal.

Message 2 of 3
busyone
Contributor

Re: Collections

gdale6 Thanks for responding.   It seems they are reporting but 1 is a 0 balance so nothing to settle. The other is less

than 1K but they have not reached out to me or offered anything. The other for 1 K has offered a decent settlement.

So you're saying I should accept the offer and that should help my score?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.