Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections

Hello, I recently had something happen with my credit report that I find very odd. I had a collection account just vanish from my report days before I intended to pay it off. I still ended up calling and paying the debt off but now I worry that it might re appear as a charged off account that has been paid. Had anyone had this happen before? I can't find anything online about. I had no contact with the collection agency prior to the removal I was just planning on paying it off once my tax return came but a few days before I actually paid it off it just disappeared.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections

I would have said f-it when it dropped off. No idea what will happen from here. By contacting and paying them you have confirmed it's your bill... They are entitled to resubmit the collection with a 0 balance... But maybe you'll luck out and they won't go out of their way to screw you
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long will it actually take for it to actually be put on my report and if it does is there a way to get that removed? Can it be disputed of I actually admitted to the debt and pages it off?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the typos. What I meant to say was can I actually dispute the charge off if it's already paid?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not an expert at this part. I paid someone to do it. You can still TRY to dispute it... And they might not think it's worth a fight. They've already been paid. You can also try to ask them to remove it as a courtesy... They may. Other members may have more specific help... Also... I THINK there is a section for rebuilding your credit here, they will likely know best

Edit: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to the myFICO forums.

I have moved your thread to the Rebuilding Your Credit section for better exposure with your topic.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.