Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections

I have a total of three collections showing on the three different bureaus.

Does anyone have experience getting collection companies to agree to a pay for delete for less than the balance? The original creditors SOLD the debts to the collection companies so they won’t talk, said I need to take it up with the collection agents.

I’m scared/worried if we do that, they can still show up under another collection company later.

Any help/ advice is appreciated
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Collections

@Anonymous  Hi and welcome 

Some collection agencies do delete after payment/settlement 

We would need to know which collection agencies and how old the debt is 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one for a medical with amcol systems, one through ADASTRA and one with receivables performance for an old sprint account.

Is it possible to settle for less than is owed with original creditors and have the collections removed that way?
Message 3 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have one for a medical with amcol systems, one through ADASTRA and one with receivables performance for an old sprint account.

Is it possible to settle for less than is owed with original creditors and have the collections removed that way?

I believe that Adastra deletes even when accounts are settled. 

For the other two, I'm not familiar with them, so maybe someone else will know. I suggest you call and ask 

As far as old sprint account, mo

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no luck with Performance Receivables For PFD. I even disputed it and they came back and verified it
Message 5 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Unless something is inaccurate, dont dispute.
If they won't PFD, paying/settling is the next best thing.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight. Should I try the OC’s first or just deal directly with the CA?

I want to start reaching out next week to see if I can’t get them all gone by thanksgiving.
Message 7 of 8
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the insight. Should I try the OC’s first or just deal directly with the CA?

I want to start reaching out next week to see if I can’t get them all gone by thanksgiving.

It always best to deal with the OC if possible. Then if you work out a deal with them they will recall the collection and the CA will have to remove it. Some OC's won't do anything once it goes to collections as they have either sold it or written it off. The only way to know is to give them a call.  

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.