Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comcast PFD

Hello, first post here. I have a Comcast collection being reported by Convergent Outsourcing. Did DV, they sent me a copy of my final bill which I totally forgot about.

Went into chat today to inquire about this account and the balance, and was told and assured repeatedly that if I were to pay the balance, the collection would be deleted. This leads me to believe Comcast still owns the debt, or am I wrong? The CA is the only one reporting right now, but Comcast is giving me the option to pay by calling in. What do you guys think? I have a pfd letter to Convergent ready to go as well, just in case.

I'm new here and couldn't post a picture, here is a link to a picture of the chat, hosted on imgur.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comcast PFD

i had a old comcast bill for $176 called comocast ask about pfd, and received the same story. i asked for an account number, then went into a store to pay the bill so i had an actual paper receipt, and about 60 days later it was deleted 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilities tend to assign their debts - not sell them.  They are also pretty good about recalling from the collection agency if you pay them direct.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! I guess I can trust them and go through them rather than a crap shoot with Convergent.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way for me is I went through their Facebook page. I paid the balance and Facebook rep got a whole of collection and they removed from credit. So try Facebook

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would recommend sending the PFD to the debt collector.

The OC cannot, after receiving payment of the debt, retroactively terminate the collection assignment to be effective prior to you payment.

You thus will have a collection that was active at time of payment of the debt, and the isssue of the CRA policy that instructs the debt collector NOT to delete their collection.

The OC can request their debt collector to delete their reporting, and may they will comply, but the OC cannot require that they do so.

Obtaining agreement directly from the reporting party to delete their own reporting is a valid contract, and places you on firmer grounds.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.