Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast-Trying to remove Paid CO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comcast-Trying to remove Paid CO

I am trying to get rid of a paid off charge off from comcast. They wont recall the debt from dci and dci says they can not legally remove the paid charge off i dont know what else to do

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: RE: Comcast

That is a tough one if neither want to help. The only thing you can do is keep sending GW letters and hope someone different who will actually care gets the letter.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
search the threads...I believe there is a contact woman to call.  Pay for delete and yes maybe comcast will pull it back

A DV for an account that is paid will go straight to the trashcan, as there is no debt to validate.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I think the best strategy with telecomms is to simply ignore them for six months, until they move it to a new collector - then immediately pay the new collector BEFORE they report it. Old collector is required to delete when it moves to the new collector (under CRA guidelines), and the new collector won't report if its immediatley paid before they have it for 30 days.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you find out they sent it to a new collection i have one with security credit services who will delete them the next day post it again and today i got a notification they raised the ammount owed and they have had it for about 8 months
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How do you find out they sent it to a new collection i have one with security credit services who will delete them the next day post it again and today i got a notification they raised the ammount owed and they have had it for about 8 months

How old is the account? Who is the OC? If more than a few years old it may have been sold off.

Normally the only indication you get that it has been moved is a dunning notice from a new collector for the debt.

Not familiar with Security Credit Services. - on their notices does it state that they are collecting on behalf of the OC?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually think security credit services is tci affirm cards in house collection. it wasnt showing on my report i called to talk about setting up a payment plan with them and told them on the phone i could start making payments on my next pay day. The next day i got a notification that security credit service had been added to my account and it was from tci affirm card so both the tcu affirm card was showing with amount owed and the security credit services was showing. I disputed the tci it was deleted but security credit services has been difficult to deal with. If only the original let me pay them on payday grrrr. I almost want to say screw it and let it ride but I really want to fix my credit
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyways on a plus note. I got a call back today from one of the board of directors of comcast and he told me he went over my letter and account and would love to remove the collection item from my credit report. And also thanked me for being a loyal customer. I wish their collection agents could be as nice as this man was and willing to help and give his company a good image.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Norman thank you i appreciate the help there. I guess i could also call the original creditor and see if they will rescind the collection and pay.

I have one with key jewlers ( not sure who was sold to)
The other with security credit services (pain in the ass to deal with)

Im going for pay for delets on these
Message 9 of 11
durak
Established Member

Wow...Blast from the past, I commented on this message in 2009. Same situation as OP, cable bill was lost in the mail, I moved, got put into collections and reported on my CR. Some of you have reqested "keep me posted" so here is a quick update.

Sent a GW in July 2009 to no avail, continuted to report. As of this month, 7 years later, the collection account was removed from my CR. 

If you are browsing these forums in an effort to improve your FICO score, you are on the right path! I went from ~550 7 years ago, no credit, numerous CA,LP, etc...to 785 with numerous credit cards (All low balance, hi limit), multiple prime mortgages and all the benefits that come from managing your credit score.

Best of luck to you. Feel free to DM or reply with questions

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.