Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast and Eastern Account Systems: Arbitration

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Comcast and Eastern Account Systems: Arbitration

Hello,

I posted on this issue before, but i want to supply a different strategy here. To recap: Comcast has asked a 3rd party agent, Eastern Account Systems, to act on their behalf and collect the roughly $400 owed. I disputed with the CRAs and it came back verified; I DV'd and they sent screen-shots of account balance. I sent them (Eastern Account Systems) a PFD and they refused.

I realized Comcast has an arbitration clause. Is it advisable to send another DV electing an arbitration option? Would EAS be then forced to close the account and send it back to Comcast for arbitration and possible resolution?

Thanks - Oyiwaa

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comcast and Eastern Account Systems: Arbitration

have you tried paying comcas directly already? They sent my final bill to the same ca but I called comcast and paid them directly.  Eastern actually reported the same account twice for two different amounts which total $300 more than what I owed/paid i have called twice and they are of no help.  They updated the accounts to paid status but in essence they are reporting incorrectly.  I have filed a BBB complaint (which has worked for me with another ca) and I am sending a copy of my comcast statement to Experian. 

Message 2 of 7
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, EAS did the same and split my account into two.  I tried and Comcast is willing to accept payment, inform EAS which will ultimately updates my records to PAID.  But I will prefer an outright deletion, so I have not paid Comcast yet.  I might end up paying them and then Goodwill the heck out of their executives. But Keep me updated about your progress and I will do the same.

Rgds, Oyiwaa

Message 3 of 7
Conswalla
Contributor

I had an account with Eastern Account Systems for Comcast as well.

Initially, they were both reporting the same debt.

I disputed it with the CRA's and the Comcast tradelines were update to show a $0.00 balance.

Next, I worked with EAS and made a PIF payment directly to them.

Once my account was updated as paid, I sent a GW letter to the same person I arranged the payment with at EAS.

About 2 months later, the tradeline was deleted.

Persistence is the answer with EAS and establishing a relationship with 1 representative.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 7
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Thanks again ... though I was leaning towards paying Comcast directly, I think the wisdom here seems to be to work with the CA since they are the one reporting.  After all, even if I paid Comcast directly, I would still have to work through them to convince their CA.  Since the CA has validated, I will talk to them to PFD.  Even if they don't accept, I will PIF, and then see what magic GWs can do.  I am applying for mortgage next year, and would need to get these out before then, anyway.

cheers, Oy

Message 5 of 7
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Conswalla et all;

Thanks for all the input into my travail with Easterrn Account Systems.  I did finally pay off the balance on the account today - they wouldn't do a PFD, and since I intend getting a mortgage later this year, I decided to PIF.

The representative I worked with has repeatedly refused to delete, even after full payment.  So what options do I have now?

-- wait for about a month and send him another written GW letter?  or
-- go over his head and email their Executive Director (who previously ignored my PFD?)

Thanks - Oyiwaa

Message 6 of 7
danatavino
New Visitor

i have received a bill from enhanced recovery company for comcast!! I already paid comcast and eastern account systems the past due balance!!i back in FEBRUARY 2013 !!! I am working on my credit and out of no where i receive this COLLECTIONS bill?? NOT HAPPY

@Oyiwaa wrote:

Hello,

I posted on this issue before, but i want to supply a different strategy here. To recap: Comcast has asked a 3rd party agent, Eastern Account Systems, to act on their behalf and collect the roughly $400 owed. I disputed with the CRAs and it came back verified; I DV'd and they sent screen-shots of account balance. I sent them (Eastern Account Systems) a PFD and they refused.

I realized Comcast has an arbitration clause. Is it advisable to send another DV electing an arbitration option? Would EAS be then forced to close the account and send it back to Comcast for arbitration and possible resolution?

Thanks - Oyiwaa

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.