Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank GW letter success

tag
cappaccinodagreat
Valued Member

Comenity Bank GW letter success

I mailed a GW letter to the address I had for Comenity (on Jan 31) and I receieved a phone call (voice mail) about 5 days later. I called back and was told that they would do an adjustment for me after looking over my history. My record showed 2 missed payments back on Dec 2016 and Jan. 2017. I got the confirmation letter in the mail today and it is already updated on all 3 bureaus. 

Thats the only success I had with my first batch. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Bank GW letter success

Woo-hoo!! 

Congrats! It's always nice when you have a success with GW letters! 

Was the account closed or charged off, or is it still active? 

Message 2 of 16
cappaccinodagreat
Valued Member

@Anonymouswrote:

Woo-hoo!! 

Congrats! It's always nice when you have a success with GW letters! 

Was the account closed or charged off, or is it still active? 

Account is still active. 

Message 3 of 16
SirTilus
Contributor

Nice! I know it must have been a great feeling!

Mind sharing the template of the GW letter? I had one before but I cannot find the file for the life of me...trying to get the only missed payment off my report. Let me know...thx

KT

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That was quick. Would love to see your template
Message 5 of 16
cappaccinodagreat
Valued Member

I dont mind sharing, but my letter was catered to my actual situation. I just built from ground up. Like everyone says, your results may vary. The woman who called me was very nice and understanding. I doubt she is THE person that replies to mailed requests, its probably luck of the draw. Inbox me if needed. 

Message 6 of 16
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@cappaccinodagreatwrote:

I mailed a GW letter to the address I had for Comenity (on Jan 31) and I receieved a phone call (voice mail) about 5 days later. I called back and was told that they would do an adjustment for me after looking over my history. My record showed 2 missed payments back on Dec 2016 and Jan. 2017. I got the confirmation letter in the mail today and it is already updated on all 3 bureaus. 

Thats the only success I had with my first batch. 

AWESOME!

Message 7 of 16
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the success. Could you send me the goodwill also please.
Message 8 of 16
mdemosix
Established Member

Woo Hoo , congrats.

Im in a similar situation with them, i have a letter dawn up but no addess lol, could you PM me. Thank you soo much and congats on your big win

One day at a timeSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 16
Down_2Bizness
Regular Contributor

That is awesome news - congrats! I have two Comenity accounts with lates that I plan to begin my GW campaign for soon. This gives me hope!

Starting Score: EQ FICO 566 09/30/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 688 3/10/14 TU FICO 680 3/10/14 (Barclaycard) EX FICO 691 1/12/14 (LP)
Goal Score: 700
My Wallet: Capital One $1500 / Wells Fargo $1600 / J Crew $2050 / Victoria's Secret $2300 / Barclay Apple Financing Visa $2500 / Discover It $1700 / Home Depot $1100 / Delta Skymiles AmEx $1000

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.