Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity - Late Payment Removal?

tag
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Comenity - Late Payment Removal?

Has anyone had success or trouble getting a late mark removed with Comenity? It's thru Overstock and it's just one late payment. I sent them a goodwill letter asking if they could make an adjustment and remove the late but they sent me a letter declining the request but did not give a reason.

I actually submitted the payment on time but it was returned so then I made a new payment which caused it to be marked as late. Technically it's accurate, just thought they could forgive me.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity - Late Payment Removal?

How old is it? Just a 30?

Message 2 of 21
brian1133

I have a 30 and a 60 (12/19 and 01/200 and I just got my denial letter today. But what's crazy is that I gat an email raising my credit limit

@kittycreditmeow wrote:

Has anyone had success or trouble getting a late mark removed with Comenity? It's thru Overstock and it's just one late payment. I sent them a goodwill letter asking if they could make an adjustment and remove the late but they sent me a letter declining the request but did not give a reason.

I actually submitted the payment on time but it was returned so then I made a new payment which caused it to be marked as late. Technically it's accurate, just thought they could forgive me.

@kittycreditmeow wrote:

today. 

Crazy....

Message 3 of 21
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 

No, it's a late payment from like maybe 8 months ago. Card is still open and all my other payments have been on time. 

Message 4 of 21
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

@brian1133 

That is kinda funny but awesome that they were willing to do a cli. I'm just going to keep asking them until they remove the late. 

Message 5 of 21
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Send them a direct message on Twitter. 

Message 6 of 21
lulumomma

Hello. Did this work for you? I have sent multiple letters and I;m willing to try anything at this point. Thank you!

@krisssmmm wrote:

Send them a direct message on Twitter. 

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 678
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 21
lulumomma

Good Morning. Were you able to get the GW adjustment?

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 678
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 21
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Yes this works. I got two lates removed last year. They will ask for your number and call you. Good luck. 

Message 9 of 21
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@krisssmmm @Do you write out your entire letter? Or just ask for a call?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.