Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity - Late Payment Removal?

tag
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity - Late Payment Removal?

I think I just asked for late payments to be removed off my credit report. 

Message 11 of 21
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

938F9668-6330-412E-BDEF-986660E8CE12.jpeg

Ignore the typos. I didn't include a letter, I just asked. They asked for verifying info, a few questions, then asked for my number. I was told they only do 2 max. Good luck. 

Message 12 of 21
8isnuf
Established Member

I do not want to discourage anyone.  I had one 30 day late payment and sent a goodwill letter. I recieved a response saying "no". I saw this thread and thought what's the harm.  I just sent a direct message on Twitter and got an immediate reply with an attached letter instructing me on the process. Perhaps, I got an unwilling rep answering the Twitter messages today.  I will keep trying whatever I can to get it resolved.  

Comenity Twitter DM.JPG

Message 13 of 21
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Oh no. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I know social media was working last year. 

Message 14 of 21
Kkasmarcik08
New Visitor

I just had luck with this. I am trying to get a mortgage and it was the only bad thing on my report, they advised me to put in the letter that I'm trying to get a mortgage and it worked!

Message 15 of 21
8isnuf
Established Member

@Kkasmarcik08 Thanks for the information.  No success yet but I will continue asking until my goal is accomplished. I appreciate additional  information and all updates. 

Message 16 of 21
Rayyman
New Visitor

Following up on somewhat of an old thread.

Wanted to see if you had success with this yet? I am currently cleaning up my credit and the main thing holding me back is a few missed payments from 2022. Hoping to get most if not all of them removed and would love some feedback/guidance on how to

Message 17 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome @Rayyman 

The 2 posters above havent been here since 06/22. The one that had success was his only post. All you can do is write GW letters.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-... 

Hint: Click on the username and it shows the join/post date.

Message 18 of 21
8isnuf
Established Member

I agree that the suggested method is a great approach generally.  I did not post more about my situation because I was never able to get the one 30 day payment removed; however, I do not want to discourage anyone from trying something which might.   I learned in sales years ago, 

"every 'no' means you're one step closer to 'yes'". 

Message 19 of 21
gloverkevin
Valued Member

Use this:

[Your name] 

[Your address] 

Account Number: [Your account number]

[date]

[Creditor name] 

[Creditor address] 

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I recently ordered a new credit report and noticed it contains [a late payment/payments] reported on [date/dates] for my [Creditor name] account.

I want you to know that I understand my financial obligations, and if it weren’t for [circumstance that caused you to miss a payment], Id have an excellent repayment record. I made a mistake in falling behind, but [description of how your circumstances have changed or how you’ve improved your money management]. Since then, I’ve had a spotless record of on-time payments.

Im planning to apply for [a mortgage/auto loan/etc.], and its come to my attention that the [missed payment] on my credit report could hurt my ability to qualify. I truly believe [these missed payments] don’t reflect my creditworthiness and commitment to repaying my debts. It would help me immensely if you could give me a second chance and make a goodwill adjustment to remove the [late payment/payments] on [date/dates].

Thank you for your consideration, and I hope you will approve my request.

Sincerely, 

[Your name]

gloverkevingloverkevingloverkevingloverkevin

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.