Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Sephora Decline

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Sephora Decline

Denials are usually a sign you should slow down and let your accounts age. As for the score they gave, it could (and probably very well is) the case that they're using a proprietary scoring model that merely uses EQ data to derive their score. In this case, you'd have no access to that score on any subscription site anywhere. But that doesn't mean the MyFICO subscription is useless or wrong. It's very much accurate, but like I said, if a lender uses a proprietary score, you have no way of pulling that score, and you only ever find it/find out about it after a denial.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 13
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well said and explained !!! Personally I take advise from people who have high 700+ scores to the 800's. They got there for a reason !!!

I dont find this true at all. For someone rebuilding, they should turn to people with experience that have climbed up from the depths of bad credit and now have better credit or on the road to better credit. They know how to navigate things way better than someone that just turned 18 and was an AU half their lives on their parents cards and have never made a payment in their life and have a 778 could ever offer. Just saying: scores arent everything. Real world experience and help to get one where you need to get is what is most important. Perfect credit history is of little assistance to someone that needs guidance with CAs, COs, and the likes.

Definitely agree with this.  My AoOA is 16 years, and I've always, to my knowledge, had high scores, but I didn't know much about rebuilding before I found these forums because I'd never had to do it.  A lot of what I know now has come from reading posts by knowledgeable and helpful rebuilders like @Anonymous, and what they've learned and shared from their experience has assisted me in advising my SO on their rebuild.

Message 12 of 13
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

I totally agre with Morpho..... take the approach ( even if disputed )... and you know you owe it,  work out a pay for delete.... 

I know of a situation this was done  for a small under $250 amount in collection..... and once removed it raised the person's credit score by 65 - 70 points since all else on the report was clean.... So,  I would pay off the several small ones for deletion.... work on the larger one as well as soon as that is possible.... and watch your scores grow, followed by larger lines of credit.   

Though we all want to.... sprint for the lead asap,  this is not a sprint...... it's a marathon, go.... slow & steady.... and you'll win the race,  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.