Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity account with lates

tag
ecosemi01
Established Member

Comenity account with lates

Hello forum need some help with Comenity card that closed in 2018. So the first late payment was 6/2016, fell behind four months and got the account back to 0 than more lates the following year. I paid It off in 2018 and it closed. Will this account be removed anytime soon? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity account with lates

The lates will fall off from what you posted starting on 06/23. Comenity is not known to do GW Letters. How many lates are you talking about and how are they listed. 30, 60, 90, 120?

Message 2 of 11
ecosemi01
Established Member

@FireMedic1 wrote:

The lates will fall off from what you posted starting on 06/23. Comenity is not known to do GW Letters. How many lates are you talking about and how are they listed. 30, 60, 90, 120?

Hi thanks for replying back the lates are 30, 60, 90, 120. 30, 60, 90, 120. Another 30 

Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ecosemi01No problem. So. Once the 30 day late ages to 7yrs. The entire string will fall off at once. (30,60,90,120) So check the dates of the other string. Same applies. Once that lonely 30 is left. It may have aged enough it wont do any ding at all. Thankfully it didnt go to CO status. Whew! Welcome to the forums!

Message 4 of 11
ecosemi01
Established Member

Ty so much for helping me out 

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ecosemi01- just wanted to let you know I went ahead and fixed the HTML code in your signature. If this is not the correct icon, please PM me and let me know so I can place the appropriate one based on the Garden Club recognition milestones.

Message 6 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@ecosemi01No problem. So. Once the 30 day late ages to 7yrs. The entire string will fall off at once. (30,60,90,120) So check the dates of the other string. Same applies. Once that lonely 30 is left. It may have aged enough it wont do any ding at all. Thankfully it didnt go to CO status. Whew! Welcome to the forums!

That's not entirely true.

Different CRAs remove string of lates differently.

EQ removes them individually as they reach maturity (5 lates would fall over the course of 5 months) and I believe EX and TU remove entire string when first 30 day late reaches legally mandated period for removal.

Message 7 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

That's not entirely true.

Different CRAs remove string of lates differently.

EQ removes them individually as they reach maturity (5 lates would fall over the course of 5 months) and I believe EX and TU remove entire string when first 30 day late reaches legally mandated period for removal.

@Remedios Huh? Leave it to EQ to do their own thing. As usual. Added to internal brain info center. Tx.

Message 8 of 11
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Dispute them

Message 9 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@krisssmmm wrote:

Dispute them

Dispute what? Its accurate info. The disputes will come back verified and trash the OP's scores. Not a good idea and its against the TOS here to discuss filing frivolous disputes hoping to get them removed.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.